• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Turkey Bay in W. KY April 7-9

Yeah, if you want to fish, you'd need the KY fishing license fyi. Dry counties btw, there is no "running to the store" within an easy distance. I'll have to check the camping at TB alcohol policy. Next closest and my favorite campsite is Rushing Creek in the middle of LBL.

Trees.. lots and lots of live trees.. that really like to jump out at ya.
Carnage2.jpg

Taken after I returned from a day up at Turkey Bay. Sorry, we ALL forgot the camera for wheelin pics.

Kentucky fishing licenses are available for three days.

For thos who know my Jeep, my passenger door was a victim of Turkey Bay....eheheh

Esrasmu-you should check out Itsajeep.org LOTS of people from your neck of the woods. Good people on the board too.

bshaw said:
if I could ride shotty with somebody I might be able to make it. but the heep will have to stay home though. :(

Heck you could leave your transportation in Louisville and ride to LBL with me if you want.......

Turkey Bay OHV Park, Land Between the Lakes, KY/TN

Location: 2 miles south of Aurora, KY in Land Between the Lakes National Recreation Area

'OFFICIAL' Turkey Bay OHV Website

Additional LBL Turkey Bay Info

Trail Map

Size: 22,000+ Acres

Hours: Daylight to Dark

Prices:
3 Day: $15
7 Day: $25
Yearly: $60
Camping: $8/night

Directions:
Southeastern Entrance:
Take KY I-24 Cadiz exit 65, west on Hwy 68/80 to LBL.

Northwestern Entrance:
From Paducah, KY Take I-24 East to Exit 52, go south on Purchase Pkwy to exit 47 and take Hwy 68 going Southeast.
From Hardin, KY Take Hwy 80 east towards Hwy 68.

From Hwy 68, continue east past Aurora into LBL. Turn south on 'The Trace' Hwy 453, Turkey Bay OHV is 1 mile on the right.

Awesome! All the info I was too lazy to look up. Thanks Bill!

Thinking about heading down after work on Thursday... anyone up for Thursday evening festivities?

-Mark

Last edited:
Lawn Cher' said:
Thinking about heading down after work on Thursday... anyone up for Thursday evening festivities?
-Mark

I wish. I haven't racked up any vacation time yet, so I'll just have to wait until Friday night.

I won't be able to get the approval of Kitchen-6 until Friday night.

well i have to work that saturday so i'll have to catch yall at the next one.

Ramsey said:
well i have to work that saturday so i'll have to catch yall at the next one.

You don't even know what you'll be missing...

unfortunately i dont, however since i'm covering a day for someone, he said he'll pick up a friday for me when i need it so i can actually make a long distance run soon.

I'll be showing up Friday morning... the wife is flying back from a week in San Diego Thursday night and it would be nice for me to be home when she arrives.

Okay---Who's going or highly leaning towards it?

DON'T FORGET TO CALL THAT NUMBER AT THE BEGINNING OF THE THREAD if you think the area (aurora, ky) has had lots of rain,etc. I will be in contact with the locals from www.itsajeep.org on that.

I'll be showing up by Friday afternoon it looks like. I assume everyone is gonna try and camp at Turkey Bay itself? They have an airstation for the people driving in but you need your own hose with connect/disconnect.

Back