• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Turkey Bay in W. KY April 7-9

I'm open to camping wherever since I haven't been there before... you make the call Bill.

Well, it appears we should probably camp there on site at Turkey Bay. My first choice is Rushing Creek campground (within LBL) but it's over 7 miles away down the Trace(the main N-S road in LBL). If I was staying longer, I'd go for the more scenic campground, but it might be nice to have camping onsite at the place we are wheeling ala The Badlands.

I might have a trail leader signed up for us on the Saturday part. Nice guy who served in Iraq with a Rubicon. I said we want to be shown as much as possible and most, if not all, are open to trying whatever trail possible.

IndyXJ said:
Well, it appears we should probably camp there on site at Turkey Bay. My first choice is Rushing Creek campground (within LBL) but it's over 7 miles away down the Trace(the main N-S road in LBL). If I was staying longer, I'd go for the more scenic campground, but it might be nice to have camping onsite at the place we are wheeling ala The Badlands.

I might have a trail leader signed up for us on the Saturday part. Nice guy who served in Iraq with a Rubicon. I said we want to be shown as much as possible and most, if not all, are open to trying whatever trail possible.

Fine with me. I figure I'll show up Friday morning and check the place out. Do we need to reserve a campsite?

No wheeling for me, but I will Most likely be up Friday evening to meet yous and BS.

Rass

It seems no matter what I build, I always have the smallest tires.

I sure wish I could make this trip ... camping and wheelin' down there just sounds like a great time.

I postponed fixing several things on the XJ to help Aaron get his MJ ... Now that the YJ is sold, I'm hoping to be fixin' my junk that weekend.

You guys have a great time ... small groups are nice on a trip like this.

Les

IndyXJ said:
RIG wise....is it just

LawnCher
Pat
Me-IndyXJ????
I know others were gonna ride along or something, but rig wise, who else we got?

I will be there, and pretty sure Adam Is going as well.

Weather Update---
So far so good....
Fri
Apr 7 Isolated T-Storms / Wind
64°/50° 30%
Sat
Apr 8 Sunny
61°/42° 20%
61°F
Sun
Apr 9 Partly Cloudy
65°/50° 20%

Just FYI-DO NOT DRIVE in the LAKE AT ALL...you'll be fined and probably get stuck. According to the locals at ItsaJeep there has been some violations of this from others and they had to be recovered, fined and passes revoked,etc.

Good Turkey Bay Hillclimb pic

Here is a good pic of what we call "Buttpucker Hill" I've only ridden it up as a passenger, haven't driven it. Going up is fun, coming back down, not so fun, loL!

rubiclimb.jpg

Do you mean room for your truck and trailer? There is plenty of room to park your stuff, but I don't know how close to the camping area,etc.(it would be walking distance worst case) I'll ask someone on Itsajeep about if room at campsite for such rig/trailers.

IndyXJ said:
Do you mean room for your truck and trailer? There is plenty of room to park your stuff, but I don't know how close to the camping area,etc.(it would be walking distance worst case) I'll ask someone on Itsajeep about if room at campsite for such rig/trailers.

Walking distance is fine with me, just need somewhere to park it for the weekend.

Back