• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tow Questions

Hawaiian Style

NAXJA Forum User
Trying to get new toy home!

I'm buying a 1967 fullsize truck (85" width and aprox 200" length) but it's located in NC and I live in FL. Being that it's 38 years old, I'm a little concerned that it won't like being driven that far so I'm trying to figure out some options besides having it professionally shipped.

Does anyone have any ideas? My largest and most powerfull Jeep is a 97 ZJ and I'm pretty sure that it's not going to be a great tow vehical for this application but I really don't know.

I could rent a fullsize truck and trailer combo if anyone thinks it would work... I appreciate any ideas!

Last edited:
Re: Trying to get new toy home!

Hawaiian Style said:
I'm buying a 1967 fullsize truck (85" width and aprox 200" length) but it's located in NC and I live in FL. Being that it's 38 years old, I'm a little concerned that it won't like being driven that far so I'm trying to figure out some options besides having it professionally shipped.

Does anyone have any ideas? My largest and most powerfull Jeep is a 97 ZJ and I'm pretty sure that it's not going to be a great tow vehical for this application but I really don't know.

I could rent a fullsize truck and trailer combo if anyone thinks it would work... I appreciate any ideas!
By the time you rent a full size truck and trailer....fly to NC...pay for gas (at about 8 MPH) to drive it back...Hotels...time off work...

It will be cheaper to have it professionaly shiped....Trust me.
Not to mention if they break it they are responcable for it. If you break it you have to pay for whatever you do.

I got time and I'll drive both ways... Only be one night in a hotel if that. Just can't seem to find a trailor...

Check Uhaul, i think they have them

Edit: Nevermind, their vehicle transport trailer is only rated to pull a 3900# vehicle

Last edited:
Heh... and I wouldn't recommend using U-Hell to my worst enemy.

ChiXJeff said:
Heh... and I wouldn't recommend using U-Hell to my worst enemy.

I only use them for trailer rentals. They're fine for that since no one else really rents trailers but I'd never rent another truck from them.

Thanks, I found a company that will two my truck, and only my truck, down to me. I could have saved about 400 bucks by doing it myself but then again I don't have to drive a thousand miles dragging an oversized truck behind me. My transmission and insurance company will appreciate me just paying.

Thanks for the help though!

Back