• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TORXFest 2012: 2/17 - 2/19

Re: TORX's Winter TSF Campout: 2/17 - 2/19

Gf said hells yes. We'll see how that goes the same weekend haha. Sorry joe, no open seat. Let's get that blue beast working.

That might require a marathon weekend with welding.

That could be an option.

Well miracles that leave a front end not quite together correctly...
if you pull into a garage for a work party, and see more alcohol then tools..

well.. we'll leave it at that:repair:

if you pull into a garage for a work party, and see more alcohol then tools..

well.. we'll leave it at that:repair:

That's why you bring more tools :gee:

Bring it to Woodland, it's where miracles happen.

What weekend works? I'm in I think

Looking through old trip pics.

Holy crap, ZJ_Scott actually had an XJ?! :D
IMG_0060.jpg

I didn't mean to throw Goblazers_6 under the bus. Hosting a build party is a lot of work.

If you need help getting the BlueBeast going, I'd start a new thread. Post up what you need to get done, and start recruiting some wrench turners.

I'm probably going to hold off on the build up until Spring. I am considering picking up a 5 speed late model to transfer parts to. That said my read DD can camp and drive in the snow like Nobody's business. Might bring a coworker and his Yota with me. I took the blue beast off my insurance, I think I'm done with it maybe/probably

Just requested the 18th off. I'll be headed out after work Friday.

I'm going to try to make it at least friday night. It sucks fitting this in with school, living 2 hours from the xj and then an hour and a half from horsey camp

I requested a half day off so I can do the same. Would be there by 8ish depending on travel time

I will probably be driving around TSF lost until I find horse camp at 1am

Dick Breakey said:
How does one get to, Horse Camp?
Great question, Dick!

The Gales Creek Shell is going to be your last stop for gas, and an Oregon ORV permit. You'll need to purchase an ORV permit to wheel TSF, and anywhere else in Oregon. $10.50 and it's good for two years.

Gales Creek Shell
55870 Northwest Wilson River Highway
Gales Creek, OR 97117

From Gales Creek Shell continue on Highway 6 West for approximately 7 miles. The Rogers Camp / Browns Camp turn off will be on the left (milepost 33) at the "summit" of the pass. Look for the signs.

Turn left off the highway, and stay right at the T. Follow the main road in, and pay attention to the signs. There are "Stagecoach Horse Camp" signs the entire way.

GPS: N45 35 19 / W123 24 51

Back