• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tinkham Snow Run January 27th

Matt_West said:
Thanks for organizing Michael. I am looking forward to this event and think that Christy may drive this time.

2xtreme said:
Matt, It will be great to see you again!!
Michael

IXNAYXJ said:
Thanks, looking forward to it myself. It'll be the first real trip in the new rig. I should have it back in a couple weeks and then I'll still have to swap axles and assorted pieces, but my plan is to be on the road by then.

-----Matt-----

Thats not what he said you ignorant wretch. Your Spanish is worse than your English

:D

Last edited:
Anyway, back to the subject at hand. This was last Sunday, about half a mile past the RR trestle. The problem wasn't so much thw snow, but the huge ruts that had been dug. Here's my little Jeep struggling though:

Cimg3766.jpg

-----Matt-----

Last edited:
IXNAYXJ said:
Anyway, back to the subject at hand. This was last Sunday, about half a mile past the RR trestle. The problem wasn't so much thw snow, but the huge ruts that had been dug. Here's my little Jeep struggling though:
-----Matt-----

I must of missed something but Matt, I look forward to seeing you also :cheers:

Since you have been up there this year. What was the snow like? Which tires are on it in that pic? Was the issue short tires and deep rut's? how far did you go? Any reason we can't get to the top again?

Michael

2xtreme said:
I must of missed something but Matt, I look forward to seeing you also :cheers:

Since you have been up there this year. What was the snow like? Which tires are on it in that pic? Was the issue short tires and deep rut's? how far did you go? Any reason we can't get to the top again?

Michael

Since Matt is down in oregon ill take over. Matt and I went up their last sunday and as we got past the railroad trestle he got into fresh snow. Someone had been here before us and then it was snowed over. So once Matt hit that he was starting to snowplow and then he was sorta highentered. Matt has the 29inch goodyear tires that come stock on jeep, and larger tires/ a lift would have cleared this with little problem. The snow packed down pretty nicely and was ice by the time it was dark. We were only a few hundred yards past the railroad trestle.

-Alex

alexer03 said:
Since Matt is down in oregon ill take over. Matt and I went up their last sunday and as we got past the railroad trestle he got into fresh snow. Someone had been here before us and then it was snowed over. So once Matt hit that he was starting to snowplow and then he was sorta highentered. Matt has the 29inch goodyear tires that come stock on jeep, and larger tires/ a lift would have cleared this with little problem. The snow packed down pretty nicely and was ice by the time it was dark. We were only a few hundred yards past the railroad trestle.

-Alex

Alex,
Thanks for the update. I talked to my brother who was probably the one up there before you. He had the exact same story about his experience.

If no one goes up there between now and this trip it might be a VERY challenging climb ;) I guess we will see when we get there!!
Michael

you guys ever fab a plow that fits in the 2" reciever in the front?

Thats a lot of snow. Reminds me.. I need to fix my heater.. defrost gets old... especially when its your feet that are cold.

It's been so long since the Jeep was out, I am dying to go, but...

Once the depth hits the diff, I'm stuck.

Maybe next year.

Back