• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tie rod poll

tie rod poll

• RE

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Rusty

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • JKS

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • PSC (only the tie rod not whole kit)

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
nateo101 said:
I am assuming all years?
yeh im pretty sure they are, mine came from a 97, just call a dealer and ask if the part # changes through the years.

Let me tell you this, if your gonna do the steering, do it all at once. I was driving down a dirt road and hit a deep hole with my passenger side tire. I was only doing about 10 mph but it was enough to bow the draglink really bad and screw up my alignment. I would strongly suggest the Rockkrawler over the knuckle kit. It is solid stock steel and super beefy. www.rockkrawler.com check them out.

Tom

Why are you only addressing half of the problem? The whole "inverted Y" system is a joke on anything lifted over 3". I"ve bent 3 draglinks, (I went with an alumni-flex tierod after I taco'ed the stock one) and I'm saving for a complete streering replacement.....from Rock Krawler.

jpnjason said:
Why are you only addressing half of the problem? The whole "inverted Y" system is a joke on anything lifted over 3". I"ve bent 3 draglinks, (I went with an alumni-flex tierod after I taco'ed the stock one) and I'm saving for a complete streering replacement.....from Rock Krawler.
Build your own. Go buy one ton chevy parts.(there is a write up somewhere here) for about 120 bucks and 1.5X.25 tubing and just build it....Ream out the knuckles from the top and you do three things.
1 get away from the small crappy stuff
2 Get away from the inverted Y setup
3 Get a over the knuckle set up to boot.

I don't have any fabbing experience and I did all this myself except for tapping the tubing for the TRE and drilling out the knuckles...I could have done this too but the reamer was 60 bucks and I had a shop do both of them for 30.

personally I'm no fan of the inverted-T design either because of the potential for understeer and dead spots. IMHO if you're going to get away from the inverted-Y steering, go with a real crossover setup.

Back