• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Thoughts?

haha

yea it looks ghetto, but it was the quickest and easiest way I could think of to not have to run the nuts all the way down the u-bolt.

I considered making a block to go under the leaf, but I figured it was more work than it is worth.

Not to bust your chops but the correct way is to put a block the thickness of the spring pack between the axle and the main leaf. That way the axle is spaced down correctly to check/verify when the bump hits the axle.

Not to bust your chops but the correct way is to put a block the thickness of the spring pack between the axle and the main leaf. That way the axle is spaced down correctly to check/verify when the bump hits the axle.

I thought about doing it that way for that reason...

But then I just measured the thickness of the spring pack and accounted for that. Hence the "gap" between the spring plate and the bump in the photo.

no real progress. Work has been killing my time off.... working on getting the interior enclosed again. I keep changing my mind on how to do it. I decided to add some more cross bracing and gusseting, so I lost some progress I did have.

I did get some of the front section done and some gussets done....

my welding is getting better... so I'm gonna show this pic off... I won't show any other welds because they suck. :roflmao:

also been working on how I am going to tie this in to become a full cage. but that will come later.

Last edited:
slow progress.

got most of the outer and inner plates cut with the plasma last weekend. started fitting things.

Update: progress has been slow, but it is coming together. should be a functional vehicle by socalfest. certainly won't be finished, but at least driveable.

got the shock towers in and everything mounted up. just a little bit more sheet metal work on the inside and the outer plates to be welded on.

I ordered a set of springs from National Spring, but the jeep needs to be weighed before they can be made so I will be running the REs until they are done.

back on its own weight: once the nationals go in it will sit about 2" lower and the tire will be about 4" further back.

shock towers in:

its on 35"s now.

I figured I'm only going to cut it up once. why only build it big enough for a 35" who knows what the future holds.

a 37" would fit easily without changing anything. a 39" or 40" would probably work in there with the right bumpstop combo.

Yeah 37 would look good been looking for ideas for my xj and this is a pretty decent looking setup for a comp style cut.

Back