• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Thoughts?

That's how you get fast, lack of power means you learn to carry corner speed. Ask anyone racing small bore bikes.
With no power, you can be sloppy with the throttle control without getting yourself in trouble. It's like buying a Miller Autoset welder. Makes you look like a better driver/welder than you really are.

Once the tank is moved, I will re-locate the hangars.

Or I'll link it.

Depends on the budget when that part comes.

Have you thought of using longer leafs? I know Mj leafs give you 1"-3" additional length(seen a few post say they break though?) just a thought. I'd imagine there are others also

i'd say if you were interested in longer leafs, sit quietly and watch for a while... =)

progress...

relocated the fuel door... just need to extend the hoses.. damn that stuff is expensive

Hurry up man, it is starting to rust already ;)

Looks good

Haha.

Yea. Gonna need some time with a wire wheel once it comes time for paint.

The passenger side should go much quicker now that I have figured out what I'm actually doing.

I'm having a hard time understanding that cute bent tube going from the outside of the frame rail up to the horizontal rear tube. What does that structurally add that's not already there?

it adds structure laterally.

and, once it is mounted, it will help spread the load of the shock to the vertical section of the unirail and away from the floor.

pulled the spring pack apart today to measure for full-bump. at this point, the main leaf is just barely starting to invert.

with the axle at full bump, I'll be able to get about 4" of stretch without moving the tank. the Shackle Relocation brackets from HD offroad can easily accomodate that, so once I get the sheet metal back in I will work on that.

serious question,

shock eyes perpendicular or parallel to the axle? reasons?

For a second I thought this was a redneck innovation or something with how many nuts and washers there lol

haha

yea it looks ghetto, but it was the quickest and easiest way I could think of to not have to run the nuts all the way down the u-bolt.

I considered making a block to go under the leaf, but I figured it was more work than it is worth.

Back