• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

this is starting to irritate me

ryurabbit said:
Your confusing me with Farmer Matt thats a deer not a Rabbit. Rabbits like hops,grains,veggies and fruit which are the precursor for GOOD BEERS! If your making some sort of reference to anything german automotive related then maybe you should check out the thread mike r. started for my take on that. I dont even acknowledge the fact that they made/make something on wheels. :us: About the "tent" incident, I sleep with a gun and I am a 3rd degree black belt. I dont think you heard anything except some snoring. :speepin:

No Dan, Rabbits dont eat meat, that would be CARNI-WHORES like you. I think you not only like "LOVE SALAMI" but other assorted sausages like "ONE EYED WILLIE WORMS","STUFFED CHORIZO" and most fags favorites "C@CK LINKS" (chicken sausage to you and me). You probably like "NUTS" too! :laugh3:

Now both of you get off my Arse, because osha said that unless I install handrails and seatbelts, only one person can ride me at a time qand you have both used up your turns for some time to come!!!! hasta :laugh3: :rattle:

Salmon....the other pink meat.

ryurabbit said:
Your confusing me with Farmer Matt thats a deer not a Rabbit. Rabbits like hops,grains,veggies and fruit which are the precursor for GOOD BEERS! If your making some sort of reference to anything german automotive related then maybe you should check out the thread mike r. started for my take on that. I dont even acknowledge the fact that they made/make something on wheels. :us:
v-1980-vw-rabbit-01-m.jpg

p3.jpg

Last edited:
Kejtar said:

WTF!!!!! I dont know (scratch that) I dont want to know were you actually found a VW Rabbit pic (must have one stashed at your house for sentimental value) But C'mon Remi, I cant actually believe YOU would even post that let alone compare me to it!

ryurabbit said:
WTF!!!!! I dont know (scratch that) I dont want to know were you actually found a VW Rabbit pic (must have one stashed at your house for sentimental value) But C'mon Remi, I cant actually believe YOU would even post that let alone compare me to it!
:D :D :D could not resist the power of google

On a more serious note, I wish I could buy a golf diesel in CA: those things are real nice.

Thanx Dan for the new avatar! I was looking for a new one! Thats me on top by the way.

ryurabbit said:
Thats me on top by the way.
I don't know, dude. The one in back wouldn't have to ask the question, "r you rabbit", would he?

Kejtar said:
At this point I"m looking at about $400 for gas just to get there and come back

Whatever strange thoughts I had about trying to get back to Moab, in spite of my miserable work situation, pretty much died at the pump.

It's about 2200 miles door to slickrock - 4400 roundtrip. In the course of the week, other driving would round things off to about a 5000 mile pile. (Last time it added up to 4925)

At my whopping 13 mpg since I put the 32's on, that's 385 gallons. Simple math at a highly conservation three bucks a gallon, puts the fuel bill from the Delaware Valley at around $1150. Beer and other sundries (like Slickrock CG and some grub) puts me in the two grand range for outlay.

I imagine sidriptide's numbers are worse from NAC, but that's his cross to bear.

Simply put, there's no way I can get back this year. I'll miss you guys - have a blast as usual.

Mike in NJ :patriot:

Mike in NJ said:
Whatever strange thoughts I had about trying to get back to Moab, in spite of my miserable work situation, pretty much died at the pump.

It's about 2200 miles door to slickrock - 4400 roundtrip. In the course of the week, other driving would round things off to about a 5000 mile pile. (Last time it added up to 4925)

At my whopping 13 mpg since I put the 32's on, that's 385 gallons. Simple math at a highly conservation three bucks a gallon, puts the fuel bill from the Delaware Valley at around $1150. Beer and other sundries (like Slickrock CG and some grub) puts me in the two grand range for outlay.

I imagine sidriptide's numbers are worse from NAC, but that's his cross to bear.

Simply put, there's no way I can get back this year. I'll miss you guys - have a blast as usual.

Mike in NJ :patriot:

man how can you only be getting 13 mpg in an xj....my ol rig with 3:54's and 33x9.5's got over 19 in town and around 21 on the highway...hell my motor home with the xj behind it gets 12 mpg..

Before I put in the stroker, haven't checked mileage since then, I got 12 mpg on the highway. That includes multiple trips from CA to Moab and to CO. I now get 12 mpg towing the Jeep on the trailer without the camper, and 10 mpg with the camper.

I've never seen the good side of 15mpg, even bone stock.

Goatman said:
Before I put in the stroker, haven't checked mileage since then, I got 12 mpg on the highway. That includes multiple trips from CA to Moab and to CO. I now get 12 mpg towing the Jeep on the trailer without the camper, and 10 mpg with the camper.

Damn Richard, I got between 12 and 14 mpg in my Dodge pulling Rabbits and my XJ on a loooong flatbed trailer from So Cal all the way to the Rubicon. The XJs were totally loaded and ready for self destruction, and a rebuild. I've found true love with my diesel.

kid4lyf said:
I've never seen the good side of 15mpg, even bone stock.

we just checked Ali's today after her road trip and 21 mpg with 31 mtr's and 2" BB

Ive never gotten less thatn 19 on any XJ or MJ

Im betting for some of you its over gearing......

y'all just need to add some acetone to the tank and I'm sure you'll be surprised when...

No seriously. I got 22mpg in my 5speed '91 4.0 HO with 3.07's and 225/75R15's and a budget boost. After 6" of lift and 33" TSL's and 4.10's I still pulled off 17-18 on the freeway at about 60-70 MPH.

And the above guy who spends $1150 on gas and somehow manages to blow $850 on a week camping... that's just amazing. Yeah the gas money sucks, but how can you blow $850 bucks? Our $55/night hotel for 5 nights will be just a shade under $300. Trail gas is under $100. Food can be bought at the grocery store for $50 or less for the week. I'm coming up about $400 under budget. Just leave the beer home and have a good/affordable time.

Jared:patriot:

Back