• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

"The Walking Dead" on AMC

So where is the phone line getting it's power?The world is out of power an i'm sure there back up battery's at the phone company are dead by now.The jail has no back power when they killed the gens.
Just thinking.

Makes sense. Phones are low voltage, and as long as there is power in the lines they will work. But you're right, that power has to come from somewhere.

So where is the phone line getting it's power?The world is out of power an i'm sure there back up battery's at the phone company are dead by now.The jail has no back power when they killed the gens.
Just thinking.

It's not... there is not ring. He has lost it. Just My .02. ;)

I don't think so. I got the feeling from the director on the Talking Dead that there is more to that story.

This is the beauty and the problem with that show. I love it and watch it every week. But as much as I appreciate having a better understanding of things, sometimes it takes a little curiosity away.

I still will always watch it tho haha

A phone will work as long as it is getting between 6 and 12 volts at about 30 milliamps. In other words, it takes very little power to operate a telephone.

But you're right the power has to come from somewhere unless maybe its a call from inside the jail? :dunno:

ringer requires a jolt of juice, and it was ringing good. fuuuurthermoar, burst ringer requires a switch, or something to send the ringer voltage in bursts. olden days they used hand-cranks for ringing, but that was continuous ring not bursts.

switches run on battery backup usually, they just cut the generator, so the batteries could still be good

Back