• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Official CraigsList Thread...

that sure doesn't look like the pumpkin is hanging low enough in the back to make that a D60, especially if its only on 31s.

that sure doesn't look like the pumpkin is hanging low enough in the back to make that a D60, especially if its only on 31s.

The pics shows he's sitting on 33's but the add says he's sitting on 31's but the 2nd 1/2 of the add states, "Comes with set of 4 33x12.50 and a newly rebuilt DANA 60". I'm thinking he's got a set of bald 33's on the side and the d60 is not installed yet. Worth looking into if someone is looking for a fairly inexpensive XJ to turn into a mean trail rig.

I spoke with him & am actually thinking of buying it, just not sure how much (work x $) would be involved to get it up to par. Nice guy.

210K mi. motor from Kragen -stock replacement so 170hp, not the H.O.190, closed cooling system, A/C may need replacing - needs recharge & leak test but is non-functional, needs headliner & driver seat, Rough Country lift, pwr st pump leaks, stock front & back diffs/gearing, tsfr. case drop, no death wobble. D60 & 33's are in garage. D60 needs perches welded & of coarse U-joint etc.

What are ya'll thoughts?

Wait for something a little more built?

I spoke with him & am actually thinking of buying it, just not sure how much (work x $) would be involved to get it up to par. Nice guy.

210K mi. motor from Kragen -stock replacement so 170hp, not the H.O.190, closed cooling system, A/C may need replacing - needs recharge & leak test but is non-functional, needs headliner & driver seat, Rough Country lift, pwr st pump leaks, stock front & back diffs/gearing, tsfr. case drop, no death wobble. D60 & 33's are in garage. D60 needs perches welded & of coarse U-joint etc.

What are ya'll thoughts?

If the 33's are in good shape with good amounts of tread left and the d60 only needs perches welded on and nothing else then this is a good deal. If the 60 is still full width and doesn't have matching gears then your looking at some serious money or fab time to get that axle functional.

The D60 needs the shock towers and perches welded. Full width right off the F150 and has 4:10's The XJ is stock. (3:88's?) 33's were given to him and have life left. I just wanted something a little more moderately built. I think it is a really good deal but just not sure it's in my market...

Hmm.....

The D60 needs the shock towers and perches welded. Full width right off the F150 and has 4:10's The XJ is stock. (3:88's?) 33's were given to him and have life left. I just wanted something a little more moderately built. I think it is a really good deal but just not sure it's in my market...

Hmm.....

bolt pattern won't match either.

lame.

Hmm.....

Sounds like that axle wont do you any good. You may be able to use that as a bargaining chip and get him to substantially lower the price and let him keep the axle. Just a thought.

Stock Dana 60 axles for the most part are not useful because 95% of them are 30 spline full width full float 8 lug axles.

The guy is down on his luck and really needs money. I would feel bad offering him anything less. I hope it is perfect for someone and he is able to sell it.

I'm trying to hook up with this other guy and slap his stuff on a low mi. stocker but

#1 I'm a little unsure what is involved in welding the arm brackets (don't own a welder)

#2 Not sure where I would buy the new brackets since the old ones will be useless to me as they are welded, and

#3 he hasn't responded to my emails in 3 days - possibly it is already gone.

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/1976692454.html

oh btw, I forgot to mention, I did receive one email from him a week ago and he had a V8 in it, now its all gone including the wiring harness. Sounds like too much work to try & drop in a whole new stock Jeep drive train.

Last edited:

What are ya'll thoughts?

I think you should offer 2,000. It's not worth 3,000 to me.

Hmm.....

F150?

60s didn't come in F150s, they came in F250s. It is a full floater with eight lugs, right? (A 60 can be semi-float, if memory serves that would be a van axle)

Back