• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Peanut Butter thread

Someone find me a cheap miata shell, need everything besides motor/trans. I would be looking for a S2000 but there still exspensive

Rob,... I don't have a miata she'll but maybe something better.
Before I got back into wheeling I was autocrossing with the scca. Long story short, I have a completely rust free 93 240sx roller in dry storage. Straight body, never hit, and I have a dark grey interior, brembo rotors, sparco suede wheel and shift knob, plus a little more. I've heard clean dashes trade for 250 or more for these things now and mine is mint. Also has a welded in s&w roll hoop and rear strut stiffener. Spare harness to swap the windows/locks to power. Factory service manual. I'll let it go cheap I was going to do the ls swap myself but the jeeps are taking over my land and life. I'd be flexible on price

Sounds very tempting rich but I'm very short on cash. May just pick up a junker to steal a 5.3 out of yo just put in the jeep

THe NAC Lots-O-Peanut Butter thread

Before I got back into wheeling I was autocrossing with the scca. Long story short, I have a completely rust free 93 240sx roller in dry storage. Straight body, never hit, and I have a dark grey interior, brembo rotors, sparco suede wheel and shift knob, plus a little more. I've heard clean dashes trade for 250 or more for these things now and mine is mint. Also has a welded in s&w roll hoop and rear strut stiffener. Spare harness to swap the windows/locks to power. Factory service manual. I'll let it go cheap I was going to do the ls swap myself but the jeeps are taking over my land and life. I'd be flexible on price

Damn. I'd love to throw a motor in that... Don't get rid of it for cheap, those are getting rare.

How much were you looking for on it?

That sounds like a fun car Rich

I have a chance to pick up a '97 dodge with a plow on it for cheaper than I can build/buy the brackets to mount the plow onto my truck. (free)

It runs and drives, the exhaust is gone, trans is kinda shitty, frame is all rusty, but in 4lo it'll get my driveway done. Just have to decide if it's worth keeping a whole 'nother truck around just for plowing stuff...although I don't really wanna put a plow on my truck either. It's a Western Uni-Mount which they don't make anymore so I'd have to get the Ultra-Mount brackets and then the Uni-Mount adapter (probably like $600). Yes I could build it, but looking at the complexity and some of the weird shit involved (half the bolts come with long pieces of rod attached so you can fish them 18" into the frame rail), it just isn't worth my time at this point...

I have plenty of space in my backyard so I'll probably just get the truck and figure it out later.

When we moved back here nearly 30 years ago, one of my first purchases was a plow. I paid $500 for a Western 8' plow. The guy threw the '73 W200 Power Wagon in for free. The engine ran great, NP435 trans worked fine. T-case wouldn't come out of 4 Low. The only frame crossmember attached to both sides was the engine crossmember. It had one brake, right rear, so stopped better in the winter when you could drop the plow. You had to close you eyes when shutting the door, so rust from the roof wouldn't hurt you. That soon ceased to be an issue when the door wouldn't align anymore, and I simply used a bungee cord to one of the holes in the roof. Plowing was easy, since you could see the front tires through the floorboards.

I once buried it in the back mud up to the transfer case. After pulling it out with a bulldozer, I had to use a come along to straighten out the t-case crossmember. I probably could have just grabbed it by hand, and twisted it back in place.

But, for 15 years, it did a great job of hauling junk around the property, and plowing my driveway and three neighbor's driveways. My total maintenance consisted of a battery, a starter and one oil change. In the end, I sold the plow to someone for $300. I threw the '73 W200 Power Wagon in for free...

David Bricker / SYR

Back