• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread aka North America Home Owners Association Thread

Not sure how a 2006 "still smells new"...
I like how it hasn't been modded and bro'd out.

No reported problems with the Range Rover Evoque. Will ya look at that.

A guy I work with bought one last year. Dealer bought it back in less than three weeks. Check engine light came on more times than I know and it had to be towed twice. He wasn't happy with it at all... Sure was comfy though

The only thing effective in that much snow is going to have tracks.

Why didn't we all just get tanks?

Scott just bought tracks for his 4 wheeler this past weekend. Priorities, folks! House repairs? Pshhhh too much snow for that. Hey I have an idea- buy tracks! Ha I love Scott.

A guy I work with bought one last year. Dealer bought it back in less than three weeks. Check engine light came on more times than I know and it had to be towed twice. He wasn't happy with it at all... Sure was comfy though

Scott just bought tracks for his 4 wheeler this past weekend. Priorities, folks! House repairs? Pshhhh too much snow for that. Hey I have an idea- buy tracks! Ha I love Scott.
Genius

Damn those are spendy but nice!

Yup it sucks.

I helped my neighbor bury some snowbanks last night since his UTV with a small blade wasn't cutting it.

Turns out he's into racing his new (to him) Z06 at Loudon. He's been racing a 350Z there for years and just got the Z06.

I have awesome neighbors.

The big reason is we plan on keeping it forever, not trading it in in 8 years for another car.

The only reason we're not going to get her an XJ is most of them are rotted out with 150k+ miles on them.

Why not try to find a minty XJ for like $5k down south? You said you don't want a car payment so why change your mind now?

You don't need any special tools to perform 99% of services on something like a Subaru. I'd keep an open mind for something with all wheel drive. The 4-door JK's are about the same size as a 1/2 ton truck so make sure she drives it and feels comfortable.

Nothing on the JK's changed from 11+ so you can buy a 2012 and it'll still have the same parts as a brand new one. 3.6L Pentastar (or a 2.8L Turbo Diesel!!!!!), W5A580 Trans, NV241 Transfer Case (now manufactured by Magna Powertrain), Dana 30 Front, Dana 44 Rear. The biggest problem with the JK's is the drive shaft CV joints (which can be rebuilt) and some have top leakage issues in various spots.

Kate really wants an SUV, and we're a bit hesitant to go with any SUV that has a 9spd auto or CVT in it at this point. The Cherokees have a known issue with the 9spd, and the Subarus have a CVT (and not an SUV).

Hence why we're pretty much focused on a JK.

Kate really wants an SUV, and we're a bit hesitant to go with any SUV that has a 9spd auto or CVT in it at this point. The Cherokees have a known issue with the 9spd, and the Subarus have a CVT (and not an SUV).

Hence why we're pretty much focused on a JK.

What about the Explorer or the Grand Cherokee?
That's what we are looking at replacing Angel's AWD Fusion with when it comes time.

I hate explorers, but my mom's 2002 V6 AWD refuses to have any problems at almost 150k the 2016 is a real looker. my neighbor sold his 98? 5.0 AWD mountaineer to a kid down the street at 265k, and he uses and abuses the hell out of it and it doesn't die.

dpjpii9dl1ptu5qoi2pt.jpg

The 3.6 WK2 is a real bargain IMHO.

HEY COLIN I KNOW YOU SAID YOU WANT A JK BUT WHAT ABOUT BUYING A 2WD RANGER SINGLE CAB WITH A 5SPD THAT DOESN'T HAVE 5TH GEAR AND IS ALL ROTTED OUT? THAT SOUNDS EXACTLY LIKE WHAT YOU DESCRIBED SO LISTEN TO ME OK THANKS.

HEY COLIN I KNOW YOU SAID YOU WANT A JK BUT WHAT ABOUT BUYING A 2WD RANGER SINGLE CAB WITH A 5SPD THAT DOESN'T HAVE 5TH GEAR AND IS ALL ROTTED OUT? THAT SOUNDS EXACTLY LIKE WHAT YOU DESCRIBED SO LISTEN TO ME OK THANKS.

And how is he going to manage to buy that before Billy snatches it up?????

I'd love to get Angel into a 2016 Explorer Sport AWD (or the new Platinum level) with the 3.5L Ecoboost rated at 365 hp and 350 lb·ft . Those things look great but have a price tag to go with it. We'll just have to save no way we'll get an anemic 4 cyl with 240HP. We both like the "get up and go" to much.

Colin, what about a Sentra? And you could swap in a CVT? And then let me round off every fastener on it so nothing's serviceable?

I would get a jk as a big **** you to everyone suggesting everything else.

Or a racecar, I'd get a racecar, you should get a racecar, get a racecar

PS used SRT8 Grand?

Back