• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread aka North America Home Owners Association Thread

They have fancy traction control and all that hoopla.

seen it work on the trails, very impressive. Kate would have zero worries in the snow

And you're paying for the name of it being a "Wrangler." Ever notice how equivalent model TJ's cost 3x as much as XJ's? JK's are awesome but you'll sure pay for it.

Subaru?

THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread aka North America Home Owners Association Thread

And you're paying for the name of it being a "Wrangler." Ever notice how equivalent model TJ's cost 3x as much as XJ's? JK's are awesome but you'll sure pay for it.

Subaru?

Right now, I can go out and get a middle of the road new 4 door JK for 35 large, or I can get a 40-50k mile LR4. I can't justify the price they demand for the new wranglers. It's almost 50 thousand dollars for a 4 door rubicon.

$35k is a shit load of money for a car IMO. It doesn't matter how nearby the next step up is.

Right now, I can go out and get a middle of the road new 4 door JK for 35 large, or I can get a 40-50k mile LR4. I can't justify the price they demand for the new wranglers. It's almost 50 thousand dollars for a 4 door rubicon.

so instead of having a brand new vechicle you would want something used, probly with no warentey and be exspensive to fix?

$35k is a shit load of money for a car IMO. It doesn't matter how nearby the next step up is.

Average new car prices have gone up a shit load in the past few years.

so instead of having a brand new vechicle you would want something used, probly with no warentey and be exspensive to fix?

Since when is 40-50k out of warranty and needing work done? 75k mile is the first big service in any car and the parts needing replacement at that time are almost never under warranty.

Average new car prices have gone up a shit load in the past few years.

Since when is 40-50k out of warranty and needing work done? 75k mile is the first big service in any car and the parts needing replacement at that time are almost never under warranty.

its a land rover

its a land rover

So? You're just repeating a line formed about trucks that haven't been made in 15 years. My buddy has WK2 with 15,000 miles on it he is trying to get lemon lawed. Every modern premium SUV has all of the same level of electronics and complications Land Rover has.

I say go for the land rover. They are seriously worth it as long as they were taken care of.
Make sure the seller has all receipts of work done AT A LR DEALER.
That is the killer as 90% of normal mechanics can't work on them, but will try anyways.
I've had rovers since 94 and own an L322 as a long distance/going out car. Had warranty up to 120k and am currently at 145k. (Had tranny, compressor and airbags warrantied at 110kish, everything went at once). Although that is a Range that used BMW driveline and therefore more complicated then the comparable Land Rover.

Dealt with nightmares using local mechanics( who had LR software and equipment) on past cars (classic and disco),ended up having to go to a LR dealer regardless.

I can garentee Colin/Kate will not be buying a LR, so the talk of them can end

I'll sell you a sweet Tacoma for her if you want dad.

I say go for the land rover. They are seriously worth it as long as they were taken care of.
Make sure the seller has all receipts of work done AT A LR DEALER.
That is the killer as 90% of normal mechanics can't work on them, but will try anyways.
I've had rovers since 94 and own an L322 as a long distance/going out car. Had warranty up to 120k and am currently at 145k. (Had tranny, compressor and airbags warrantied at 110kish, everything went at once). Although that is a Range that used BMW driveline and therefore more complicated then the comparable Land Rover.

Dealt with nightmares using local mechanics( who had LR software and equipment) on past cars (classic and disco),ended up having to go to a LR dealer regardless.

Wont be for a couple years, but ya. I love my Disco, just something about it. I'd love to get a L322 as well, the prices on them are going down quick. I live just a hop, skip, and jump away from the Hamptons.. thats the best place to get them. My 95 was a one owner truck when I got it, rich family from north jersey. No real problems at 131k. I got myself an unused NOS radiator that's going in when it warms up outside, I'll be laughing to myself when it rolls 200k and I'm still DDing it.

Everyone has their own brand loyalty, mine happens to land with Mopar/Jeep.

Hence why we're looking at JKs.

I was only posting about it as I wasn't sure how the new drivetrain was, but if there's nothing wrong with it then that's probably what we're going to go with.

Damn 14-26"? This is ridiculous.

Anyone know much about 2014-2015 JK 4-drs? Thinking about trading Kate's car in for one.

How are the 3.6 pentastar motors? The 5 spd auto in them? Any known issues?

My Mom has a 2012 JK or something like that. There a great vehicle if you're a Mom or something, I guess.

Back