• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread

you know it

Soooo we all grabbing a beer at the holy grail afterwards?
Their food sucks. Tuckaway ftw
Never been to either.
Doubtful as it'll be a Sunday evening and we're going to be doing that most of the following week. (man, what happened to me?)

In other words, convince my wife and I'm there.
Hmmm.. lobster roll or pulled pork sliders for lunch?
Yes please.

Come visit you **** waffles
When? Once summer is here I probably could. Google says you are 29min from me.

If you guys were coming for pulled pork we'd go to pitstop, not dc stuff

I went to the Holy Grail twice, first time was like wow, this is a cool place, then got the food and was like holy shit what happened here, this is gross.

Then stupidly tried it again figuring it must have been a fluke the first time, and nope. The food there sucks.

The Tuckaway on the other hand, that place has GOOD FOOD. And beer, so all is well :)

at 56k miles any tread left you have on a set of tires is like free candy. sure its great, but you should start thinking about buying some fresh candy.

Eh, considering the tires have a 50K mile warranty, I'm just starting to get into the range of life expectancy for the tires.

Eh, considering the tires have a 50K mile warranty, I'm just starting to get into the range of life expectancy for the tires.

I'd be happy to get more than 25K from a set of tires on my truck.

lol.

you think that warranty means jack?

read the terms. They slap high warranty miles on there, but at anything past the first bit of tread life they're so heavily pro rated tat the manufacturer will likely MAKE money on your "warranty" set.

I never believe any treadlife warranty.

lol.

you think that warranty means jack?

read the terms. They slap high warranty miles on there, but at anything past the first bit of tread life they're so heavily pro rated tat the manufacturer will likely MAKE money on your "warranty" set.

I never believe any treadlife warranty.
Haha, nope I know it doesn't mean anything. Was just looking up the mileage rating for the tires, and couldn't find it so I used the warranty number for reference. I know there is no set tread life or guarantee that you get, everyone is different.

I'd be happy to get more than 25K from a set of tires on my truck.
Ya, truck tires are a little different then small car, aren't they?

This will be the 1st set of tires I will need to replace because I've worn them out. It will also be the 1st set of brakes too, I've always had the rotor rust up or just replace cheap crappy ones.

So. Not sure if I'm being too critical here or not. but the driveshaft I just purchased from what I thought was a reputable shop has a couple issues.

I goofed and purchased the wrong flange, so I just bought one and put it on myself. went in smoothly, but while I was swapping it out I noticed the following things:

1: The H yoke is clearly a used piece. No big deal, its in fine shape, just was expecting all new parts. the outside has been sandblasted and looks like new, but the inside has some rust flakes I can pick out.

2: There is a plug in one of the U joints that has been cross threaded and I'm not so sure it is going to stay in there at 80 mph for too long.

3: When installed the slip joint (all new parts) has a little play. Maybe this will go away once I pump some grease in there though.

Not sure If I'm being overly critical or what, But the product did not meet my expectations. Whatchoo think Lots-o-post?

They told me to pump some grease in it and drive it first. And gave me a part number for the plug. About what I expected.

why didnt you get a woody?

overpriced and the quality has gone downhill. at least that's what everyone I talked to says who has/had one in recent years.

i have the song from teenage mutant ninja turtles turtles in time from the sewer surfer level stuck in my head right now

Keith, I love you man but dog sitting isn't going to help us going out on Sunday evening. :laugh:

Just come to the races with us or come to NACFest. Or wait a few weeks and we'll probably be doing something else.

overpriced and the quality has gone downhill. at least that's what everyone I talked to says who has/had one in recent years.

all of these reasons are why I deal local for a shaft.

It's not really possible to ship a shaft back to a vendor to have it made right and not cost a ton.

local guy I get to inspect it before I pay, and if something goes wrong that was a defect I take it back, plop it on the counter and we start talking about what they're gonna do to fix it.

I love mail order as much as the next guy, but sometimes it pays to deal local.

Every Honda I've seen looks like the front tires are real low though. I pulled into a gas station once to fill up the front tires of my dad's civic because they looked so low, turns out they were 5psi over inflated, and the rears were down like 10. Rears looked fine.

My Acura TL-S is the same way - the fronts always look like they are low, even if i bump up 5 psi from the door tag pressure. I think this next time around i'm going to get a stiffer sidewall tire...

They told me to pump some grease in it and drive it first. And gave me a part number for the plug. About what I expected.

That's dumb. I'd be ok with them refurbishing a used H-yoke if it doesn't have any chunks taken out of it or anything, but a stripped plug in a ujoint (why would they even do that?) and a loose slip joint are not cool.

Back