• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread

I have a pretty good jigsaw but for the bigger sections it's a PITA as it needs to be unsupported from the bottom and it'll flex/bend which throws the blade offline.

The router base has a 6" diameter so it's pretty easy to just clamp a piece of angle iron on the 4x8 sheet at the right offset for running long straight cuts. I just set the bit a small depth into the sacrificial plywood and have at it. Have also used my cordless circular saw w/the standard wood blade on it for ripping straight cuts.

Smaller stuff or things with a large-ish radius, I'll use an aluminum cutoff wheel, same way I make most of the steel pieces. The aluminum wheels track really nice and it's easy to get an accurate cut if you take your time on the initial groove.

edit: and yes, wood router on my router deck for the slots. Initial 5/8" hole with an annular cutter and the rest is cake. Just set the fence and the aluminum sheet cuts just as nice as wood. :)

Last edited:
THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread

I'm always good for a black and bleu burger at tuckaway. There's a new place going in epping called tortilla flats. I heard theyll have beer too. But I don't know when they're opening.

Nice! And is it wearing on the sidewall at all? If so, you need moar tire pressure bc the tire is rolling under the car under cornering.
No wear on the side wall.

Every Honda I've seen looks like the front tires are real low though. I pulled into a gas station once to fill up the front tires of my dad's civic because they looked so low, turns out they were 5psi over inflated, and the rears were down like 10. Rears looked fine.

nice. just wondering which dealer are you going through?
Prime Honda in West Roxbury. I used to live just over a mile from them, and so I figured I'll keep going to them after I moved.

This. I think the rule of thumb is the bigger the volume of the tire the less pressure it needs. Or I might have that backwards.

idk?

i know the the autox guys always told me to bump up a few pounds from street pressure, and i ran the rears with a lot more than stock to get a smaller contact patch to help counter understeer. i think more pressure would help with tire roll regardless of sidewall height.

the tire PSI on the door is only accurate when you are using the OEM tires. do the chalk trick.

Which I am using. The tires are the OEM original tires on the vehicle.

This. I think the rule of thumb is the bigger the volume of the tire the less pressure it needs. Or I might have that backwards.
Yes, pressure = force / area. Since the force is constant (weight of the vehicle), F= P*A. Therefore, if the tire is larger, the larger the surface area, the pressure decreases to maintain a constant force.

really the best way is to find the load index for your particular tire, then use what the tire manufacturer recommend for that amount of weight.

that's what I do. The car manufacturers don't always listen to tire manufacturers when they spec that crap. It's all about ride comfort for the car manufacturer.

Ford explorer and firestone ring a bell?

and youre at 40k you said? tires wearing weird at the end of their life isnt something new.

The center tread is great, I think I'm going to bump up the pressure and switch them to the rear. The rears are fine treadwise (minus the gash in the sidewall of one) and throw those on the front. I keep chirping/spinning tires too easy lately with the front wheel drive.

at 56k miles any tread left you have on a set of tires is like free candy. sure its great, but you should start thinking about buying some fresh candy.

I am famishedddddd.

Hmmm.. lobster roll or pulled pork sliders for lunch?

I'll take both, thank you

Back