• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread

So this coal bin is turning into the second largest single thing I've ever built (first being a 30'x6' cantilever gate). And it's turning out pretty friggin cool. Should be able to disassemble the whole thing into pre-planned sections in my garage in about 5 minutes, cart it down the basement stairs piece by piece, and reassemble with nothing more than my screw gun. Dimensions approximately 4' x 4' x 9'.

Once it's there I'll be able to fill it to the top easily through the basement window, then dispense through an outlet with varying height by adding or removing 4" x 12" sections out of the center cutaway. There's basically a slot on either side that lets me stack up blank filler pieces to the level I want to place the outlet at. So as the bin gets depleted I can just remove a blank at a time to set the outlet where I need it.

Pics to follow later, I'm tired. :)

Snow season is back!

Colin, how's the Rt 3 traffic this morning? :moon:

Snow season is back!

Colin, how's the Rt 3 traffic this morning? :moon:

You are like HARDCORE on my nuts about this :laugh:

The funny thing is, Google Maps shows traffic is WAY worse on both 495N and 95N that I take up to work from Stoughton.

But traffic when I left was normal everywhere except 95N.

You are like HARDCORE on my nuts about this :laugh:

The funny thing is, Google Maps shows traffic is WAY worse on both 495N and 95N that I take up to work from Stoughton.

But traffic when I left was normal everywhere except 95N.

:laugh:
I know, I just despise traffic and have no idea how the heck you deal with it. I just like busting your balls about it.

On that note, the state put enough salt down to DRY 140 this morning... snow still spiting mind you. "1st little bit of snow better use all the salt!"

I dealt with it for 4 years driving to Wentworth via 93, then another few years on 95 everyday to work. It was either that, or I had to move out and pay for an apartment. I chose to deal with it by leaving earlier and at least avoiding the morning rush in order to save for a house.

Now I just take 495 everyday and there is literally almost no traffic. Slight slow down near the pike, but absolutely NOTHING like 93 or 95.

Route 3 looks like a cakewalk. It's all about where you're coming from :laugh:.

If I had had a 20-30 minute 0 traffic commute for years, I wouldn't want the type of commute I'll probably end up having either. But that's not the case for me. I'm pumped for a commute like rt3 to 495 :laugh:

:laugh:
I know, I just despise traffic and have no idea how the heck you deal with it. I just like busting your balls about it.

On that note, the state put enough salt down to DRY 140 this morning... snow still spiting mind you. "1st little bit of snow better use all the salt!"
If you don't like salt on the ****ing roads then move the **** down south already, I'm sick of listning to you bitch all the time Bill

Gonna get a quote on some aluminum lower control arms for the rear of my MJ.

No idea what tubing size to use so hopefully Wide Open Design will help me out there. I feel like 2.5" OD is a bit retarded, but I'm also a bit retarded.

Looks like I'm going on a road trip Saturday to buy a T56 out of a 04 GTO. One step closer to the Poor Touring Nova :thumbup:

Gonna get a quote on some aluminum lower control arms for the rear of my MJ.

No idea what tubing size to use so hopefully Wide Open Design will help me out there. I feel like 2.5" OD is a bit retarded, but I'm also a bit retarded.

Oh yeah, forgot to answer that.

I went with 'em for weight, nothing more.

I went 2.25" as I don't feel that 3/8" over the threads with a 1.25" heim is enough material. The WOD ones are good because they don't put that stupid taper on the end, they're the same OD all the way out.

Are yours still going to be a mile long?

Oh yeah, forgot to answer that.

I went with 'em for weight, nothing more.

I went 2.25" as I don't feel that 3/8" over the threads with a 1.25" heim is enough material. The WOD ones are good because they don't put that stupid taper on the end, they're the same OD all the way out.

Are yours still going to be a mile long?

Cool, thanks. My front lowers are stupid strong, but stupid heavy (probably around 30 lbs each). I'll just end up using normal 1.75 x .120 DOM for the uppers out back like the front to keep cost down.

Yeah that's the reason I like the WOD ones. Taper is stupid even if it looks cool.

Not 100% sure yet. I'm thinking I can inboard them a bit, weld some braces/gussets back to the frame (plated), and then a bolt on brace back to the crossmember that supports the 205.

I'm going to play around with it a bit over thanksgiving break and see what I can work out/have room for.

U going for double triangulated or just trianglating
the uppers?

anybody need a nice lisle drill grinder?

87-145-001.jpg

Back