• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread

So I tried working on Rob's Jeep today to get it started. No crank, no signal going to the starter relay when you turn the key, fuel pump doesn't prime. I plugged in my old ECU, ignition switch, CPS, nothing made a difference. Checked fuses, swapped relays, partially installed a my old battery cables and harness to starer, still no change.

I even pulled out the weird mystery box from behind the steering column (after I tried switching the on/off switch to the on position).

I've now officially given up, anyone want it for parts let me know.

[gun talk]

Took the Saiga 308 to a long outdoor range for the first time today...had to make some minor adjustments to the scope & walk it out from 25 yards but I got it dialed in OK. Seated but without a bench rest (damn pistol grip isn't compatible with the rest I have), at 200 yards out of 15 rounds I was able to get about ~1/3 within 1 MOA (with 2 of those less than 1/2 MOA) and the rest between 1-3. I'm happy with that, especially with a 2x7 scope and no spotting scope to see what the hell was actually happening downrange at that distance.

So far that's 150 rounds total through it with zero problems. Quite pleased with it and the recoil is mild enough that 70-80 rounds in a day is barely taxing.

Not pleased with the fact that it makes it really easy to keep shooting ammo that is $.50 -> $1.50 per round :laugh: Most of today was crappy 150 gr. Herter's steel case stuff (which is about as rock-bottom for .308 as you can get, and still $10/box of 20).

[/gun talk]

Last edited:

So I tried working on Rob's Jeep today to get it started. No crank, no signal going to the starter relay when you turn the key, fuel pump doesn't prime. I plugged in my old ECU, ignition switch, CPS, nothing made a difference. Checked fuses, swapped relays, partially installed a my old battery cables and harness to starer, still no change.

I even pulled out the weird mystery box from behind the steering column (after I tried switching the on/off switch to the on position).

I've now officially given up, anyone want it for parts let me know.
try the nss mabee not sure why half that shit would have anything to do with a no start

Ya that happened to my jeep 3/4 of the time I had to start it. I was to gay to just bypass the nss once and for all so just regularly started it with a screwdriver. For some reason rocking it back and forth also started it.

$300 and a TIG welder, I'll come get it tomorrow ;)

No, but I will take my TIG back though :)

try the nss mabee not sure why half that shit would have anything to do with a no start
ECU on my dad's TJ caused a no start (granted his cranked, it just didn't fire). That was just a guess.
Friend's Jeep the CPS died and fuel pump wouldn't prime.
If the ignition switch is messed up, it won't send the signal to crank.
Battery cables were cracked/corroded/pulled out of the terminals.

The reverse lights came on when I put it in reverse, and I did rock the shifter thru all the positions and not so much as a click. I unplugged the NSS and plugged it back in, but I didn't try hooking up a different NSS though.

Everything I kept reading while searching kept saying all of that stuff.

No, but I will take my TIG back though :)

ECU on my dad's TJ caused a no start (granted his cranked, it just didn't fire). That was just a guess.
Friend's Jeep the CPS died and fuel pump wouldn't prime.
If the ignition switch is messed up, it won't send the signal to crank.
Battery cables were cracked/corroded/pulled out of the terminals.

The reverse lights came on when I put it in reverse, and I did rock the shifter thru all the positions and not so much as a click. I unplugged the NSS and plugged it back in, but I didn't try hooking up a different NSS though.

Everything I kept reading while searching kept saying all of that stuff.

My reverse lights would work and not work sometimes. Not really a test you did there.

you haven't lived, we put a shitton of frp up in the back kitchen hallway and all the residents be like "give me a sniff o that shit"

looking for thoughts/sugestions, brakes on the truck have always sucked, everything is new cept for the booster/master, pedal is very spongy, it stops just not great, but there good enought that it will not do a brake stand(it would do em like a boss before i did the brakes) so im thinking the rears are fine and its something to do with the frt, bleed em again today and no change. thoughts?

Was planning on getting new jeeps emissions done tomorrow

Aaaaaaasaaaaaaaaaand exhaust manifold apparently cracked overnight

Tic tic tic tic tic tic tic

looking for thoughts/sugestions, brakes on the truck have always sucked, everything is new cept for the booster/master, pedal is very spongy, it stops just not great, but there good enought that it will not do a brake stand(it would do em like a boss before i did the brakes) so im thinking the rears are fine and its something to do with the frt, bleed em again today and no change. thoughts?

no suggestions, but that sounds like my burb. Jordan had a bunch of the brake system replaced by a chevy tech and they still sucked.

Got back from the marriage retreat thing we had to do over the weekend last night and basically just crashed. The beds there were so small.

Wasn't as bad as we expected, less God preaching and more just sharing marriage experiences with all the engaged couples. Kate and I had already talked about everything that they encouraged couples to talk about (financials, conflict resolution, bunch of other stuff).

I actually got roomed with someone who knew Sam :laugh:. What a small world. He also knew one of Kate's friends from Foster, RI (also knows Sam). So weird. Apparently everyone in that town knows each other. He also said he goes camping behind Pizza King :laugh:

Back