• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread

You got that steering on pretty fast, you do it right when you got home?

Well, you did call this happening. Something stupid was going to break.

0621090946.jpg

Thanks guys...yeah it was kinda random, like he never said anything about being depressed or anything like that. He did have some drug problems so that may have had something to do with it.

You got that steering on pretty fast, you do it right when you got home?

Well, you did call this happening. Something stupid was going to break.

I put the steering on IMMEDIATELY when I got home.

....and yes I did call that. I'm actually pretty happy it happened. It would have been way worse if it happened far away. Plus now I know what my weak point is.

1/4" DRIVESHAFT!!!

1/4" DRIVESHAFT!!!

Stock J20 driveshaft for now. When I do my tranny and transfer case swap I'm going to go with a beefier and thinner CV rear shaft. That way it clears my muffler, removes the last of my vibes AND won't explode on rocks. From today I also learned i'd like a cable shifter. My tranny doesn't like to shift when the truck is all twisted up. I also decided I'm going to re-booger the booger welds on the crappy body mount. I figure it will keep breaking if I weld it but that just means I get to keep rewelding it. That way I learn how to weld in the process, good idea!?

You weld it too much, and the metal will become brittle, and will just break around the welds.

You weld it too much, and the metal will become brittle, and will just break around the welds.

Hmmm, I just don't know if I want to pay for someone else to do it. I am pretty sure if I do it it will end up breaking down the line. I can always re-fix it but I hope I don't make them really brittle.

use the Ross tool

use the ross training class

As Spiderman's uncle once said,

"With great welding, comes great burns"

my arm looks like swiss cheese with a couple of nice quarter sized burns on my right arm. the d30 is officailly pimped out, all the welding is done.

pimpppp

sooo, i tried to get the tranny in today with the help of mrs.scully,
but my big ass floor jack would not fit under the jeep with the tranny on top of it, despite being on ramps.:doh:
I need a smaller floorjack.:flamemad:

:( sorry dudeee. you around tomorrrow?? I'll be available to help ya in the morning til like 1 or 2 ish...

No sweat!! its been sitting for three months, whats another couple days?
Im off all day, so that sounds good to me. I literally just need to get it up and a few bolts to hold it, and thats all the help i really need:yelclap:

sahhhweet. I'll bring some jackstands along with my jack. haha

Back