• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread

Trusses are ghey, but free it would be cool.

UBEs were cool.

That's pretty much what I was looking for. I asked if they would let me use it for their D60 high steer arms but apparently those are crane pieces and the certificate only covers actual TnT products.

I had to do a lot of fitting on my tnt truss, to the point that i probably could have made my own in the same ammount of time

Everybody I know/heard of that got one has had to work it over just to make it fit. And there's the fact that they had a bad run at one point where the welds were failing.

I had to do a lot of fitting on my tnt truss, to the point that i probably could have made my own in the same ammount of time

I have a certificate for $270 worth of TnT product so it would cost me about $30 to get both a rear 60 truss and a pair of UBEs. What did you have to modify? It's going under my J10 which has pretty far apart perches so maybe I won't have a problem. Can't think of anything else from them. Don't want the hassle of getting rid of the certificate either. Can't beat $30 for a truss and UBEs even if I made my own.

Everybody I know/heard of that got one has had to work it over just to make it fit. And there's the fact that they had a bad run at one point where the welds were failing.

I don't weld it myself?

Searched TnT rear truss in google image search
295x0ci.jpg

On that note I have the HDOffroad $25 cert I won sitting here. They really only make XJ stuff and none of it will really help me at all. Anyone got random stuff they feel like trading? Doesn't have to be worth $25... to anyone. I'd rather give it to one of you guys for almost nothing than let it go to waste or sell it.

Check it out, I made a pencil sharpener in Solidworks. So you can sharpen your virtual pencils. Let me know if you want my files so you can incorporate into your winch bumper builds and whatnot.
11qrczq.jpg

pizza oral orgy

Buy the comanche, keep it like it is, and i'll take the 44 off your hands :D

i'd love to wheel an MJ
If I were to get the comanche, I would keep it as is for a while, but would still hang onto the 44.

I was at Andy's yesterday and looked the MJ over. I've ridden in and wheeled with this MJ many times. Its about as nice of an MJ as you will find anywhere. And the best part is that it gets driven regularly, which is super important to keep an older Jeep running well.

Seriously, a lifted MJ on new 35s, new aluminum rims, locked front/rear, OBA, bed cover, bumpers, sliders, armor, winch, 4.56 gears .... all for less than $5k. Why are you hesitating?

PS - if you come down to pick it up, stop by my place and we can take it through the woods:guitar:
Jordan, a few reasons for hesitating are:
As much as I love comanches, I'm not sure how practical it would be for what I need it for.
I already have a jeep and all the parts you listed above (except tires) to build another Jeep.
It is already built which is very convenient. I do like the looks of it, and its built well.
Money
This would need to be stored at my parents place since I don't have any place in the city I could store it. I have too many jeeps and parts at their place right now, and it would require immediate fixing and selling of my briarwood, and selling Rob's old Jeep and a ton of other parts, which would eat into my time for other activities.
etc. I just need to sit down and fully weigh all my options and actions.

It is nice to hear other people give it their stamp of approval though.

And if I did pick it up, I would take you up on the offer for your backyard.

Cause Mark's a girl and wants something different everyday.
Yes, I'm never content.

Buy the MJ, toss your 44 up front, sell everything else. Then you "built" something on it and didn't have to do much.
Ya, I've already thought of that. To do that would require new brake system (dual diaphragm and 2500 master), rear axle shafts to match the 5x5.5 pattern, changing the rims (have beadlocks in my basement), steering, installing OX, etc.
Not saying I wouldn't want to do any of it, because no matter what Jeep I do next, if I'm going to be wheeling it, the 44 will be under it eventually.

I think Mark should know this by now. :D
Tell the Briarwood this, it definitely didn't get it even though I was driving it every day.

Ya, I've already thought of that. To do that would require new brake system (dual diaphragm and 2500 master), rear axle shafts to match the 5x5.5 pattern, changing the rims (have beadlocks in my basement), steering, installing OX, etc.
Not saying I wouldn't want to do any of it, because no matter what Jeep I do next, if I'm going to be wheeling it, the 44 will be under it eventually.

Wheel adapters and the 2500 master is too big for those small single piston calipers.. Just need a stock 96+ setup.

Wheel adapters and the 2500 master is too big for those small single piston calipers.. Just need a stock 96+ setup.

Why run wheel adapters when I have alloys that have a 5x5.5 pattern?

I disagree, Chevy 44 calipers front and stock d44 drums rear sucked when I had it. Chevy 44 calipers and explorer discs also sucked when I had that set up. 4:1 low overpowered my brakes. The only reason I didn't do the 2500 already was my Jeep broke after Nacfest.

And its a 95-96 set up, '97+ requires modification of the push rod.

Going to a larger bore MC gives you a stiffer pedal feel and less mechanical advantage overall.

With the stock XJ MC and larger calipers, you'll have greater holding power at the expensive of a squishier (or longer-traveling) brake pedal.

More surface area of pad will only affect pad longevity. Pressure and rotor/pad diameter are how you get more braking power.

Back