• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread

i ran 37" boggers on an emissions dyno before. looked sketchy but worked.

My question is wouldn't 5.38 geaars and 30" tires fudge the dyno numbers?

They can correct for all that.

I'm sure you don't even need to be in a 1:1 drive in the transmission.

It's not like you have to have 3.55s and a certain tire size to use a dyno.

They can correct for all that.

I'm sure you don't even need to be in a 1:1 drive in the transmission.

It's not like you have to have 3.55s and a certain tire size to use a dyno.

Hi gents.... I had to weigh on this topic...

How many times have your rear 40's been plugged, and how beat up are they? As a dyno owner/operator, that would concern me more than the actual tire size. You do have to get it dyno'd though, it would be great to see how the carb'd 440 does, then compare it to the fuel injected version.

It's not just the tire diameter but also its moment of inertia that will change the final output.

That's pretty cool that Andy owns a dyno... Do you use it for work in your own business or was it just a cool thing that you wanted to have?

DYNO DAY AT ANDYS HOUSE

It's not just the tire diameter but also its moment of inertia that will change the final output.

That's pretty cool that Andy owns a dyno... Do you use it for work in your own business or was it just a cool thing that you wanted to have?

DYNO DAY AT ANDYS HOUSE

LOL... sorry, I don't own one, I was just saying if I was an owner/operator of one, the condition of the tires would matter more to me than the size. Guess I phrased that wrong...

Wow, it would be cool to have one though. I would be dyno'ing everything from my Camaro to my weedwacker!!!:D:D

My wife would hear the lawn mower running.... but the grass would still be 3 feet high!!! I can here it now... "Hey hon guess what.... I put platinum plugs in it and 108 octane and I got another 2 HP out of the JD tractor!!!":cheers:

:laugh: nice. Do it!!

Did you blow up yet another D30?

Yep. Carrier cracked and started to split and the spiders lost around 1/2 of their teeth. R&P are still mint though.

I have access to 2 more tickets to tomorrow's Sox game. Starts at 1:30pm. 2nd row, box seats, only $50 a head. Call me if you want in.

Hi gents.... I had to weigh on this topic...

How many times have your rear 40's been plugged, and how beat up are they? As a dyno owner/operator, that would concern me more than the actual tire size. You do have to get it dyno'd though, it would be great to see how the carb'd 440 does, then compare it to the fuel injected version.

The rear tires have never been plugged or anything and aren't beat up bad at all.

I would just be worried about them doing 145 MPH.

I went to the orthopedic doctor today. He says I'm an idiot, but it looks like it won't be too bad, and I shouldn't need surgery as long as I don't re-injure it. I'm in a sling for a month, and I have to do PT 1-2 times a week. That means no fixing the ZJ until then, so I'll probably miss most of the wheeling season. I'm going to try to get the 3link, rocker cutouts, and the tucked ARB up front finished by Fall Crawl.

I have access to 2 more tickets to tomorrow's Sox game. Starts at 1:30pm. 2nd row, box seats, only $50 a head. Call me if you want in.

Damn. Already going tonight. And im poor as hell this week.

That sucks Pat, but it could have been a lot worse.

That's pretty much how I'm looking at it. I've been pretty freaked out since I did it that I could have needed surgery, now that I know it will heal up I'm a lot more relaxed. It still sucks about the ZJ, but it's just broken parts and a good excuse to upgrade:D

Upgrading is always good.

So Quirk Tire said they would be able to vulcanize my tire, it just has to be about 3" from the bead which it definitely is, but they can't do the other one. That one is like 1" from the bead.

I'll probably drop it off to them during lunch tomorrow or Thursday.

Sorry, no more tickets.

That's pretty much how I'm looking at it. I've been pretty freaked out since I did it that I could have needed surgery, now that I know it will heal up I'm a lot more relaxed. It still sucks about the ZJ, but it's just broken parts and a good excuse to upgrade:D

surgery isnt bad broke my ankle and had a plate and screws installed, 6 weeks later i was walking. i missed it, whatcha do?

Last edited:
Back