• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread

put another offer an a house today, hopefully third times the charm.

Good luck on the house offer dude.

Ross said Quirk Tire in Westborough vulcanized his tire. I'm gonna call them and see if they'll do the one I punctured this weekend. I'll also bring a picture of the one with the plugs and see if they can do that since it's so close to the bead.

I'm thinking that if I do bring it to Carlisle, I might try to put it on the dyno. Hell, I'd bring it to the drag strip Friday night if they let me pass tech.

Every time I see Pat's handle I have to chuckle. I feel like a 14 year old.

Good luck on the house offer dude.

Ross said Quirk Tire in Westborough vulcanized his tire. I'm gonna call them and see if they'll do the one I punctured this weekend. I'll also bring a picture of the one with the plugs and see if they can do that since it's so close to the bead.

I'm thinking that if I do bring it to Carlisle, I might try to put it on the dyno. Hell, I'd bring it to the drag strip Friday night if they let me pass tech.

I've got Carmelo's 8-lug rollers (2 of them) that you can borrow to put it on the dyno with. I doubt they'd be able to run a 40" tire on it.

So with 40" tires, I'd be doing 145 MPH in 4th gear high range at 6500 rpm. That's scary.

114 MPH with the 265s on the CTD. That's acceptable.

I've got Carmelo's 8-lug rollers (2 of them) that you can borrow to put it on the dyno with. I doubt they'd be able to run a 40" tire on it.
Tire diameter will affect the perceived hp/tq output... Why wouldn't the dyno accept a 40" tire? They're just rollers that it sits on and the vehicle gets ratcheted down, like it's on a trailer.

Tire diameter will affect the perceived hp/tq output... Why wouldn't the dyno accept a 40" tire? They're just rollers that it sits on and the vehicle gets ratcheted down, like it's on a trailer.

I don't know, I'm not worried about tire size.

I'm more worried about them just saying no once they look at my jeep :laugh:

I just hope my driveshafts don't implode. They both have less than .030" of runout though.

Lucas has done many dyno runs with his 39" krawlers so I don't see a issue with 40" mtrs

Tonight I think I'm gonna go ahead and order 1 bag of 1/2" grade 8 bolts for the spring hangers on my truck. The 10mm bolts just look to cheesy and there's nothing to order for the Jeep as it dosnt need anything

According to what I'm reading, my setup is pretty good. No rear bumps and I haven't bottomed out the shocks yet.

That means that my set-up is equivalent to yours. No bumpstops (well, they're 4 miles from the axle housing) and my shocks haven't bottomed out in 3 years.

It's now a Baja jeep because it's 2WD.

Lucas has done many dyno runs with his 39" krawlers so I don't see a issue with 40" mtrs

Tonight I think I'm gonna go ahead and order 1 bag of 1/2" grade 8 bolts for the spring hangers on my truck. The 10mm bolts just look to cheesy and there's nothing to order for the Jeep as it dosnt need anything

The only issue that I see that the rollers are only so large. 40" tires move more than 29" tires. If a tire comes off a roller and hits the ramp something is going to be unhappy. My guess would be the tire, the Jeep, and the Dyno tech. after the tire grabs at 70 mph and rips the straps off the dyno.

put another offer an a house today, hopefully third times the charm.
Nice! Good luck!
Which one this time?
Pete's Tire Barn in Orange, MA was the one that was going to do mine (that's their large truck tire shop). I believe any Pete's will do it and they just ship it to their Orange location and then back. Might want to check though.
It's now a Baja jeep because it's 2WD.
Did you blow up yet another D30?

Back