• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread

I hate having a shitty tent in the rain.

Blows.
put up a tarp. All tents suck in the rain, some just suck more than others.

Thats my plan. Hope for good weather. If not, throw tarp over it. I cant afford a fancy tent right now

Anything by eureka. They're like the Rubicon express of tents. Any off brand sucks in the rain.

if they are anything like rubicon express leaf springs i want nothing to do with them.

I was reading that thread too.

I can't decide if I should go with FOA or not.

Don't. Even though chris's seem to be fine.

I hate having a shitty tent in the rain.

Blows.

One might say, (removes sunglasses) it could put a damper on your weekend.

YEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAA

coming from the guy who wanted to get a cabin

For the lady. Dummy.

Yea true. As long as your not crawling into it like a 2 man tent its good. I always think of how many people I want in the tent, then add two and get that. More comfy. I use my 6-8 man to sleep 3-4 guys with cots. I have a nice 4 man but it's NOT good in rain so I'll prob just being my hotel for me and the girl to NACfest.

I was reading that thread too.

I can't decide if I should go with FOA or not.

I have a big one you can borrow for nacfest and/or fallcrawl if you want. got it from an ex wayyyy back in college and have used it a few times, it gets the job done. doesn't come with stakes though, I use those bigass nails meant for doing garden construction.

it's like an M4 size or some stupid shit, they always strip, replacing them with something else results in vibration knocking the bolt out, I use zipties like sam and chris.

The lst shroud was zip tied kept breakin the zip ties so thus the reason to go back to speed nuts plus its a excuse to go to tractor supply

Thats my plan. Hope for good weather. If not, throw tarp over it. I cant afford a fancy tent right now
I usually hang mine high enough that I can do anything under it instead of draping it on the tent. Growing up we had a 30x30 tarp that my dad and I used to put up, it covered damn near the whole campsite and we'd be cooking dinner and playing boardgames in the middle of a thunderstorm while everyone else was packing up and going home. Setting them up in fields sucks, but can be done (see: that ridiculous contraption I set up last year for nacfest.)

The lst shroud was zip tied kept breakin the zip ties so thus the reason to go back to speed nuts plus its a excuse to go to tractor supply
use loops of 14ga copper wire then. thread through, bend, forget.

I got my GF to agree to a mattress in the back of the Dirtymax again. Raised cap = instant shelter. I've got a nice tent from Bass Pro, one of the strings broke inside a pole after misuse but they have replacement ones.

use it as a fencing saber

how do you misuse a tent pole?

I put up and took down the tent by myself probably half dozen times. The first time somebody tries to help me take it down, they broke the pole :rolleyes:

Adam, you're wrong about tents, but not about Eureka being like Rubicon Express. To people who don't know much about tents, Eurekas are great- just like Rubicon Express is to people who don't know much about Jeeps. They're not bad, but there is better stuff out there. MSR, The North Face, Marmot, and ALPS Mountaneering to name a few.

If people are looking for tents for NACfest I suggest watching steepandcheap.com... Good stuff comes up there pretty often.

Adam, you're wrong about tents, but not about Eureka being like Rubicon Express. To people who don't know much about tents, Eurekas are great- just like Rubicon Express is to people who don't know much about Jeeps. They're not bad, but there is better stuff out there. MSR, The North Face, Marmot, and ALPS Mountaneering to name a few.

If people are looking for tents for NACfest I suggest watching steepandcheap.com... Good stuff comes up there pretty often.

Sooo...what exactly was he wrong about?

He knows I'm not a camping fanatic (I usually camp about 5-6 times a year).

And the Eureka tents seem like they fit exactly what I'm looking for.

Thanks Adam.

ozark trail from walmart are cheap and fine in the rain if setup right (i tend to do that part), the main thing i see of getting a fancy expensive tent is that they are light weight and folds small an i um don't car about that when im driving an over sized station wagon into the woods

Ive gone camping regularly for 25 years colemans from target will hold up fine for a tent but for the same price I was amazed at the ones at cabellas for 6-8 people quality
Can't go wrong with kelty for quality, I have had the same 2 person one tied to my backpack for almost a decade and its still waterproof aside from a torrential downpour for hours on end

You can trust me, I used to have dreadlocks

also the hell with tents http://www.tentsile.com/

comes with a hot chick (see gallery page), colin you can send her my way so Kate doesn't get pissed at you

Back