• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread

Hey Adam.

You can thank me later.

BajaXP-68802B-SL-XL.jpg

SNAZZY

Ever sat in one of those? I didn't wanna get back out again.

Thinking black vinyl instead of the black cloth for cleanability.

nope. better than bill's/colin's? vinyl is icky. is it regular old car cloth or sail cloth? if its crap cloth i'd say go vinyl, but if its sail cloth aka jeep softop material go cloth. my sail cloth seat covers wiped clean with soap and water and water puddled up and them like a mother's car wax commercial.. seat never got wet.

I mean, that towel made it comfortable enough to take a nap in.

:laugh::laugh:

nope. better than bill's/colin's? vinyl is icky. is it regular old car cloth or sail cloth? if its crap cloth i'd say go vinyl, but if its sail cloth aka jeep softop material go cloth. my sail cloth seat covers wiped clean with soap and water and water puddled up and them like a mother's car wax commercial.. seat never got wet.

It's whatever's in the picture above. :laugh:

Actually I forgot to specify when I ordered, lemme check on that real quick.

bah. Eff this state, thanks for the reminder!!

not a problem, just let me know tomorrow if ya can :thumbup:

ok so as of now for on here-

me- 180'
rob- 100'
ross- 300'
chris- ???'
colin- 40'(?)

I forget anyone? If colin jumps in for sure, chris's order, if any, will just be gravy and we'll be hitting the 600' mark :thumbup:
If I take 100 will it make it $3.55? If so, I'll take a hundo feets

Just ordered the material for the adapter stuff.

12" x 18" x 1-1/4" 6061 aluminum plate, 5" solid round x 3" long 1018 hot-rolled steel.

Should be enough thickness to do whatever I need to do...I can always get it milled down after the fact if I want, and I got enough round for 2 attempts at the flywheel adapter in case I change my mind or screw one up.

What's your plan for the flywheel adapter?

Recessed holes for the crank bolt heads? Then just redril for the Jeep flywheel? Are you going to turn down the face in order to get that hub ring in the middle? Then just drill out for the pilot bearing?

What's your plan for the flywheel adapter?

Recessed holes for the crank bolt heads? Then just redril for the Jeep flywheel? Are you going to turn down the face in order to get that hub ring in the middle? Then just drill out for the pilot bearing?

Like I was saying yesterday, I'm pretty sure the bolt patterns interfere. So worst case is it needs to be 2 pieces with pressed-in studs for the Jeep flywheel. I might try and draw that up tonight.

Got an interesting plan in store for the bellhousing adapter. Ever use a router on aluminum?

I think Ken's probably the best resource for this question...

I need the dimension of how far the pilot bearing gets seated below the flywheel mounting surface.

If I take 100 will it make it $3.55? If so, I'll take a hundo feets

yup, but Bill reminded me in an earlier post...SALES TAX IS THE DEVIL. so figure another 6.5% or whatever it is. We'll be over 600' if Ross does in fact want 300' for him and the lemons jeep.

Everyone down with what they posted? Colin I know isn't sure but 2 sticks won't matter either way. Everyone else though?

Chris, lemme know whenever you get a chance to dick with a tape measure.

I'm hoping/planning to put in the order a week from today and will need cashola by then. :thumbup:

Cool beans. I'll get the money to you somehow. You don't have paypal do you?

My uncle's ordering the roller rockers on monday...XXXX it.

yup, but Bill reminded me in an earlier post...SALES TAX IS THE DEVIL. so figure another 6.5% or whatever it is. We'll be over 600' if Ross does in fact want 300' for him and the lemons jeep.

Everyone down with what they posted? Colin I know isn't sure but 2 sticks won't matter either way. Everyone else though?

Chris, lemme know whenever you get a chance to dick with a tape measure.

I'm hoping/planning to put in the order a week from today and will need cashola by then. :thumbup:
Crap, count me out actually. I still havent bought the dumb tires that are on my Jeep. I should do that first. :(

I think Ken's probably the best resource for this question...

I need the dimension of how far the pilot bearing gets seated below the flywheel mounting surface.
I dunno but I can draw you napkin drawings of the flange with depth measurements shortly. Assuming I can find my damn calipers that is...

edit: found em, measuring now, good thing I haven't put the engine in the jeep yet

Cool beans. I'll get the money to you somehow. You don't have paypal do you?

My uncle's ordering the roller rockers on monday...XXXX it.

I do. Leaving work now but ill PM it to y'all tonight. Figure 3.65/ft plus whatevertheXXXX tax is in this shithole communistwealth to be safe, unless we know for sure before anyone sends anything that we'll get >600'

Back