• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread

40crankdimensions.png

hopefully that has enough data - I didn't measure the chamfer on the inside of the outermost lip nor the inside chamfer (is that the right term?) where the outside of that lip meets the flywheel/flexplate bolt flange.

If I use the pilot bearing without the sleeve it goes into, it's a 1" OD x 9/16" width.

If I remember right, this doesn't get knocked completely home into the crank flange, just flush with the outer edge.

We'll be over 600' if Ross does in fact want 300' for him and the lemons jeep.

I'm hoping/planning to put in the order a week from today and will need cashola by then. :thumbup:

Sure, Im gunna need the tube sooner or later. Hopefully I'll start my cage after NACfest.

I suck at math but with tax I came to around ~$1150. I'll be heading up to Burlington on Saturday, followed by going up to NH afterwards probably. Wanna meet up somewhere and I'll give you cash moneys? I can get Colin's money too. Cash is way cooler then PayPal.

Agreed cash is better. Thatll probably work :)

Hmm, ok...

102661d1265422654-pilot-bearing-install-question-pilot-bearing.jpg

So it does go to that stop. 0.6" ~= 0.5625" so that puts the bearing and the flywheel mounting surface about equal.
huh that's odd. I don't think I put mine in that far.

If you want I can get you measurements for the input shaft of an AX15 offset from its bellhousing... as soon as I buy the new bellhousing for the spare AX15 I have. Hopefully have it all together later tonight.

why do people ask "what your best price" on something is? Am I supposed to do all the bargaining myself or something?

why do people ask "what your best price" on something is? Am I supposed to do all the bargaining myself or something?

I reply to those with "whatever the most you'll pay is".

I'm quite negotiable on price, hell the guy could throw almost any non insulting offer at me, it just rubs me the wrong way when someone asks for the best price right off.

So unfortunately this flywheel adapter plate thing is probably gonna end up being the worst case scenario I described.

Both the 8-bolt pattern and the 6-bolt pattern have the one offset hole, I just drew both patterns round, but it's the same idea.

This is looking at the side that the Jeep flywheel mounts to; the 6 open holes would be tapped for the flywheel bolts.

6968092810_a83ffb20b8_c.jpg

This is the side that bolts to the crank flange on the Ford motor:

6968092846_4f81576308_c.jpg

And the exploded view of what's going on in there:

7114172155_4c9edeba6a_b.jpg

Honestly it's not all that hard to make, just kind of an awkward lil piece. Thoughts?

call spidertrax. they probably make a wheel spacer that will fit.

So unfortunately this flywheel adapter plate thing is probably gonna end up being the worst case scenario I described.

Both the 8-bolt pattern and the 6-bolt pattern have the one offset hole, I just drew both patterns round, but it's the same idea.

This is looking at the side that the Jeep flywheel mounts to; the 6 open holes would be tapped for the flywheel bolts.

6968092810_a83ffb20b8_c.jpg

This is the side that bolts to the crank flange on the Ford motor:

6968092846_4f81576308_c.jpg

And the exploded view of what's going on in there:

7114172155_4c9edeba6a_b.jpg

Honestly it's not all that hard to make, just kind of an awkward lil piece. Thoughts?

The ID of the engine side adapter is larger than the ID of the tranny side adapter. I know on my engine my pilot bushing got pushed back until it hit a lip in the crankshaft bore. That was with an automatic(TC pushes it when it expands). Just saying though, if there's any chance of the pilot bushing moving forward(vibrations, heat cycles and that sorta thing). It might fall forward.

Maybe totally unlikely with a stick :dunno:

while taking a dump?

possibly making an offer an a house tomorrow! and this one has 2 acres, a garage, AND a shed

Back