• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Frog Blog

Why do we put up with that? Revolt, anyone?

I got a friend who keeps telling me, "Sometimes you have to do your voting from the clock tower". Want his number?

True enough, but I'd complain about the price of bottled water if I drank...er rented 5 gallons a day.

5 gallons of gas x 4.00 = 20 bucks per day for my commute. That adds up pretty quickly to 5,000 dollars per year, just for the drive to work. Even at 30 mpg, I would spend around $2500, and that's ton of Happy Meals. Realistically, we are all paying huge gas taxes just to make a living. Why do we put up with that? Revolt, anyone?

You might have a better time just buying a high mpg car. :roll:

I think you should get a motorcycle.

My best friend in San Mateo has a dodge SRT-4, which is FAST.

He also has a Kawasaki motorcycle, which is even faster, and gets mythical mileage! :thumbup:

You might have a better time just buying a high mpg car. :roll:

I think you should get a motorcycle.

He also has a Kawasaki motorcycle, which is even faster, and gets mythical mileage! :thumbup:

I often drag visitors and applicants around the job site so a bike is out of the question. That, and I would die on the first ride. Last Fall when I did the last batch of hiring, I enjoyed hauling interviewees around in my Jeep. Some of the shorter guys had a hard time climbing into the cab.

I drove a 2008 Civic EX-L for a couple of years and got 35-36 mpg. That was nice, but I sold it due to asshattery. My wife made me sell it so we could be a better tow vehicle (WK), so my gas consumption problem is her fault. It would just seem wrong to buy another commuter scooter.

Haha. Makes sense.

In other news, are you hitting up Deer Valley in july? My run kinda died... everyone is doing sierrafest which is cool, but it excludes students like me.

Sean, I'll still try to make it up for your run. Sierrafest may be too late for me as well (school for me too).

Haha. Makes sense.

In other news, are you hitting up Deer Valley in july? My run kinda died... everyone is doing sierrafest which is cool, but it excludes students like me.

I sincerely hope to. I traded my plans to attend the Jeeper's Jamboree (700 bucks...ouch) for a season of gas payments. I would really love to wheel Deer Valley with my rig and my kid's rig (he's also a student), so that is still the plan. That is such a good trail that I would hate to miss it.

I also want to do the Sierra Fest, but will need to return to work between runs (right after the Rubi). I took on a new position and work often calls me to foreign lands. For example, I will be travelling to Maryland, San Diego, and possibly Guam in May. July may be similar for me, so it is hard to know this far in advance.

Thanks for asking, Sean.

Oh of course.

I've been itching to wheel, but there's just no where to go around here.

So yeah, Ive got to get out this summer, and I expect you to be there!
:)

Last edited by a moderator:
I sincerely hope to. I traded my plans to attend the Jeeper's Jamboree (700 bucks...ouch) for a season of gas payments. I would really love to wheel Deer Valley with my rig and my kid's rig (he's also a student), so that is still the plan. That is such a good trail that I would hate to miss it.

I also want to do the Sierra Fest, but will need to return to work between runs (right after the Rubi). I took on a new position and work often calls me to foreign lands. For example, I will be travelling to Maryland, San Diego, and possibly Guam in May. July may be similar for me, so it is hard to know this far in advance.

Thanks for asking, Sean.

If They ever plan on sending you to Indiana let me know!

Dont mean to hijack your thread Kelly, just wanted to touch on something with sirmitchel, were the dates for deervalley still jul 21-24? I have been planning on this run since its inception a few months ago. I am way down. I only live an hour or so from the con and can go there any time, just want to hit up deervalley and slick rock once this summer. Back to your thread kelly. Ya gas prices suk. I have an 80mi round trip commute everyday in my wifes retarded v-6 taurus. I hate it. So many parts being pushed through the exh pipe it makes me sik. I might just buy a bike soon.

Sorry, we don't have any Global Hawk operations in Indiana. Nearest location is Grand Forks, ND. I was there about 3 weeks ago. Interesting place.

Right on, just figured if you ever got out this way i'd buy ya lunch for derailing your thread all the time! :D I hear north dakota is a little :farmer: :pig:

Dont mean to hijack your thread Kelly, just wanted to touch on something with srmitchell, were the dates for deervalley still jul 21-24? I have been planning on this run since its inception a few months ago. I am way down. I only live an hour or so from the con and can go there any time, just want to hit up deervalley and slick rock once this summer. Back to your thread kelly. Ya gas prices suk. I have an 80mi round trip commute everyday in my wifes retarded v-6 taurus. I hate it. So many parts being pushed through the exh pipe it makes me sik. I might just buy a bike soon.

Yeah, that's a good date. I finally got a job at starbucks, so I can have money to go anywhere!

:D
2011-04-26_17-24-19_88.jpg

Hey, that looks good, Flexd. I look forward to the build up. Going long arms and 7" lift, right? The body looks pretty good and is screaming for some mods.

Since we are sharing new purchases, here's what I bought a couple of weeks ago. It's a 2011 Kodiak travel trailer to replace my 2005 Fleetwood folding trailer (parked in garage in photo, but is now sold). I'm moving up in the world of camping and preparing for my giant $300k bus that I'll buy for retirement.

DSCN6105.jpg

Tow that thing with the frog and I will have a place to pass out in a drunken stupor in preparation for another day on the trails.

Hey, that looks good, Flexd. I look forward to the build up. Going long arms and 7" lift, right? The body looks pretty good and is screaming for some mods.

Since we are sharing new purchases, here's what I bought a couple of weeks ago. It's a 2011 Kodiak travel trailer to replace my 2005 Fleetwood folding trailer (parked in garage in photo, but is now sold). I'm moving up in the world of camping and preparing for my giant $300k bus that I'll buy for retirement.

DSCN6105.jpg

I'm gonna restomod the manche. I'm thinking 4" of lift and 33's with a supercharged GM 3800! :D It needs a drivers floorboard and its knocking really bad. From what i hear it could just be spark knock. Either that or it has a cracked flexplate or i gotta get into the motor. Its a 2.8 so its not really worth saving if its something other than bearings.

Back