• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Frog Blog

Here are some recent pics. Let me know if you need something more specific.

IMG_0042.jpg

IMG_0045-1.jpg

IMG_0046-1.jpg

IMG_0051-1.jpg

IMG_0050.jpg

IMG_0054.jpg

IMG_0147.jpg

Keep in mind, the above pics show the XRC8 winch installed on the removable plate in the integrated 2" receiver. That receiver provides plenty of options for other hardware if you don't have a winch.

DSCN4917.jpg

DSCN4196.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Kelly!! I am looking for a new bumper for my jeep after i got hit. I have always wanted an aftermarket bumper on there and i fell like now is the time. I have been looking at just about every bumper made for XJ's and im stuck between JCR, TNT, and AJ's. Here are my thoughts:

AJ's: I LOVE HIS BUMPERS!!! but again, the funds arent really there. I know everybody says to wait and pay for it all at once, but i want to replace my bumper soon before i possibly get hit again. His bumpers have good approach angle but i have seen better.

Those are my thoughts on bumpers.

Those are all very good thoughts. I had AJ start building me a really great front bumper, but that was during the time his house caught fire and I bailed on him after he did not get back to me for several weeks. I learned about his house fire after I went with JCR, if memory serves. Anyway, AJ has some great stuff and he is willing to customize most things, like side protection, hoop, and d-ring style. I am running his sliders on this Jeep, and had them on my previous XJ. Great quality and competitive prices.

I recently deleted the email thread I had with AJ, or I would send you the designs and ideas. You probably would have liked the customization.

As for stingers, some are really great, and others are a tad too large for my liking. Josh has a beautiful winch bumper on his rig and the stinger is about perfect, IMO. The good news is the XJ is supported by so many aftermarket parts and that really increases the fun factor.

thanks for the pictures Kelly!!! They really helped! Yea i really like this bumper
http://www.ajsoffroadarmor.com/product.php?productid=17579&cat=251&page=1
but JCR is so simple and fits my needs perfectly. Plus like I said earlier, I cant afford anything really nice right now.

The first picture you posted pretty much sold me on the approach angle! That is maybe 2-4 inches away from the grill! I am almost set on the JCR, but im still open to other peoples thoughts and opinions.

I will post up some pics of Old Blue with the JCR without the hoop tomorrow night. You can save money and buy the hoop later and have it welded. Just make sure you budget for the tie in brackets.

I will post up some pics of Old Blue with the JCR without the hoop tomorrow night. You can save money and buy the hoop later and have it welded. Just make sure you budget for the tie in brackets.

That was my plan. I was just gonna go with this bumper:
http://www.jcroffroad.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=1XJFST3&Category_Code=XJB
Add the hoop later. I know you talk very highly of the Hitch receiver, but if i end up cutting the bumper and adding a winch plate, I feel as though it will get in my way. Plus its extra money and the bumper already comes with d-ring points. Your a huge help Kelly! Thanks again for the pictures and insight. :clap:

That was my plan. I was just gonna go with this bumper:
http://www.jcroffroad.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=1XJFST3&Category_Code=XJB
Add the hoop later. I know you talk very highly of the Hitch receiver, but if i end up cutting the bumper and adding a winch plate, I feel as though it will get in my way. Plus its extra money and the bumper already comes with d-ring points. Your a huge help Kelly! Thanks again for the pictures and insight. :clap:

That's an excellent bumper. Look for periodic sales with JCR. I bought all three bumpers through black friday sales and similar events.

I went to a local Smog and Go yesterday for my regular smog check. I was kicking back in the shop wondering what was taking so long, so I got up and observed the mechs mess around with my engine, inspecting the exhaust manifold with an inspection mirror and flashlight, from the top and underside of the vehicle.

Once the check was over having passed the smog inspection, I asked what they were looking for. The smog nazis said I was "lucky" the Jeep passed because they could not determine the type of aftermarket exhaust manifold I had installed. They said they did not know if it was a performance exhaust or direct replacement, but they "decided" to pass the vehicle even though they had doubts. Gee, thanks fellas.Sieg Heil.

smogandgo2011.jpg

I suppose the bottom line of this story is to make sure any of you with an APN header be sure to come to your smog shop with paperwork in hand proving the type of manifold you have installed. I've been through a no-notice smog failure before, and it is not fun. Royal PITA and has lasting repercussions, at least on the left coast.

Oh, my Jeep passed smog handily and is squeaky clean. Good for another two years.

Last edited:
I personally wouldn't volunteer the APN header info. I know on their paperwork they state that it's an improved factory type replacement, but with some smog people they might be scared away due to the lack of CARB number. At least they "let it go". :rolleyes:

Hey connor, if its not too late maybe you want to check out the front bumpers by Rigid Co (I love mine) or maybe C-Rok. Worth a look

Hey connor, if its not too late maybe you want to check out the front bumpers by Rigid Co (I love mine) or maybe C-Rok. Worth a look

Agreed. Rigid Co makes epic hardware. Not sure of the price difference, but the additional mounting brackets of the Rigid Co tells me that it is made for some serious use. Kevin, post up some pics of your front bumper and the mounting hardware for comparison purposes.

Well all this JCR talks means its time to share my Winterfest 2011 pics! :D

DSC_0088.jpg

DSC_0090.jpg

DSC_0089-1.jpg

DSC_0091.jpg

It was a great Weekend! My OME Kit was put to the test and performed well. I even managed to knock down 16.5 MPG towing my camper on stock gears and 31's
almost all of my JCR armor was put to the test again and passed with flying colors. Can't wait to wheel it some more like this.

Last edited:
Heres a few more of the RigidCo bumper...

DSCN3866.jpg

DSCN3854.jpg

I need to repaint mine black

Im' pretty sure it comes with everything seen on mitchell's pics. My bumper was installed when I bought it so I don't know.

IMG_4814.jpg

IMG_4813.jpg

I think there would be plenty of space to put a hoop, I wanted to when I got it but I never got around to it.

just talked to the guy at rigidco...... He just sold me on his front bumper. Great guy, went into detail about everything and answered all of my questions. I am goin to be ordering a front bumper from him in the next week or so. Thanks for all the help guys, it really made my decision easier! Ill keep you guys updated when i get the bumper and put it on!

just talked to the guy at rigidco...... He just sold me on his front bumper. Great guy, went into detail about everything and answered all of my questions. I am goin to be ordering a front bumper from him in the next week or so. Thanks for all the help guys, it really made my decision easier! Ill keep you guys updated when i get the bumper and put it on!

Congrats on the hardware acquisition. I think you made a great decision and I hope you post up some pics on the FB when you get it installed. Ih ate to ask, but...what's next on the list?

Back