• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Frog Blog

Kelly

Since you have become a master of header installs I might need to trade you some beer for you expertise in installing my banks header. No rush just an idea. I am also still mulling over the idea of selling it and buying much needed replacment shocks, stiffners, and mabey longer brake lines for my jump to 5.5 lift (have front spings still need leafs). Anyways if you are not too busy mabey we can set something up.

Kelly

Since you have become a master of header installs I might need to trade you some beer for you expertise in installing my banks header. No rush just an idea. I am also still mulling over the idea of selling it and buying much needed replacment shocks, stiffners, and mabey longer brake lines for my jump to 5.5 lift (have front spings still need leafs). Anyways if you are not too busy mabey we can set something up.

Sounds good, and I have some modified tools that will make the job faster and easier and I'd love to assist. I doubt you will want to buy my expensive snobbish beer, so I'll do it for free instead. Just let me know when and I'll do my best to make the time available.

Sounds good, and I have some modified tools that will make the job faster and easier and I'd love to assist. I doubt you will want to buy my expensive snobbish beer, so I'll do it for free instead. Just let me know when and I'll do my best to make the time available.

So when are you moving to Indiana again? :D

Damn, just trying to score some free Labor! :D

Just to add some randomness to the FB, I bought this: :D

2011-02-19_16-53-46_515.jpg

Is that one of those Chevron cars you get when you fill up, Flexd?

I look forward to the build. You do have plans to build, right?

Right now its getting a tune up and a valve cover gasket and getting driven to work. I may get bored and find some Toyota axles and throw some 31's on it. It s like a 4wd go kart!

My kid and I enjoyed some fresh powder today on Mormon Emigrant Trail past Sly Park while working a Snow Patrol checkpoint for Cal4Wheel and the Forestry Dept. I saw Billy, Jon, Josh, and a few other NAXJA members pass through on their way up the hill. It was a great day for snow.

DSCN5789.jpg

DSCN5802.jpg

DSCN5801.jpg

DSCN5817.jpg

DSCN5848.jpg

DSCN5849.jpg

DSCN5842.jpg

DSCN5847.jpg

DSCN5843.jpg

DSCN5837.jpg

DSCN5838.jpg

DSCN5836.jpg

Naturally, the best part of the day was pulling a built Toyota from the deep stuff. More pics to come.

Last edited:
My kid and I enjoyed some fresh powder today on Mormon Emigrant Trail past Sly Park while working a Snow Patrol checkpoint for Cal4Wheel and the Forestry Dept. I saw Billy, Jon, Josh, and a few other NAXJA members pass through on their way up the hill. It was a great day for snow.

DSCN5789.jpg

DSCN5802.jpg

DSCN5801.jpg

DSCN5817.jpg

DSCN5848.jpg

DSCN5849.jpg

DSCN5842.jpg

DSCN5847.jpg

DSCN5843.jpg

DSCN5837.jpg

DSCN5838.jpg

DSCN5836.jpg

Naturally, the best part of the day was pulling a built Toyota from the deep stuff. More pics to come.

As always the frog looks badass! :cheers:

Thanks, Flexd. For those wondering, I had no problems maintaining traction in the snow with my KM2's yesterday. Because I am generally lazy, I did not bother to air down and they performed flawlessly, as usual. I don't know...maybe the fresh snow was extra grippy.

I'm also very satisfied with my XRC8 winch and used it a couple of times (thanks, Toyota). Would like to have a nylon rope, though. That steel cable is a PITA. I also tugged on a modified CJ quite a few times with a tow strap. I was pretty sure my rear JCR bumper would be yanked off, but sure enough, it stayed intact! And lastly, my driver's side suspension is popping again, which means it is time to retorque the upper control arm brackets. Should've gone long arm...

Last edited:
Funny you say that, I'm probably going for the smittybilt xrc8 comp, because I want the rope and the Al hawse.

Funny you say that, I'm probably going for the smittybilt xrc8 comp, because I want the rope and the Al hawse.

I figure I will use the wire cable throughout 2011 and upgrade next year. New rope and fairlead will be a good Christmas present to myself. It's not too early to start a Christmas list, is it? Dear Santa...

VvdfgDnUZhAYQq5H1lpOUNkG4uVQ3SydeNm-nwv6_XZtXeoe6wshDA_3H6l_MQUPTOYVUwq-HGOygRT5Npo9k4H0YKGVHUOmtc8U_pc1wDKXzEfPIvFalMCXQfLX0w8szyxZOC8mgzV-dJK_9xE3fv1NGCDIZJvOGpwA8SPTZZYX1eCexO0

Last edited:
I had my exhaust reworked by Marco Muffler yesterday and I'm completely happy with the results. I had all of my suspicions confirmed. My exhaust leak and whistle was indeed coming from the crappy welding job and flex pipe installed last year by a shop in Rocklin. Because I am running a pre-cat, I was using a very small flex pipe that did nothing to prevent shock damage, and was the cause for so many of my leak and restriction problems.

0225111354.jpg

It took the guy about an hour to fab up a new flange and mandrel-bent piece from flange to pre-cat. His welds were beautiful and the exhaust finally flows smoothly out of the header collector and into the cat. Power off the line is noticeable, and I now have a nice rumble from the Magnaflow that I had expected last year. I'll post up a pic or two, along with a bit more detail and information about a nice header kit they sell when I have more time.

0225111420.jpg

If you are looking for a real good exhaust shop in the Sacramento area, try out Marco Muffler on 5181 Auburn Blvd. I even found a 10% coupon on their website. Oh, it also helps to know the guy working my rig is a huge Cherokee fan and is very familiar with the nuances between the years. He's looking for a Cherokee to replace his sold TJ. Gotta love that.

0225111432.jpg

Just flinging his shop some well deserved attention.

0225111421.jpg

Last edited:
He was able to work around you T-case skid? This is good to know, I need a new cat and don't really want to take that skid off just for that. I'm hoping it will last until i can put my new t-case w/SYE in.

He was able to work around you T-case skid? This is good to know, I need a new cat and don't really want to take that skid off just for that. I'm hoping it will last until i can put my new t-case w/SYE in.

My rig has the bubble pre-cat and all I needed was a free-flowing piece from flange to pre-cat, so the TC skid was not a factor. However, if you need to repalce the full sized cat, you'll need to remove the skid for access. In fact, I had to modify the cat bracket to get the TC skid installed when I first put it on. If you need better pics, let me know.

Oh, while your skid is removed, I suggest replacing your tranny mount.

The kid gave me some of the pictures he took during the last snow trip.

IMG_0020.jpg

IMG_0026.jpg

Here are some interesting angles.

IMG_0045.jpg

IMG_0051.jpg

IMG_0046.jpg

Helping David get unstuck...

IMG_0065.jpg

IMG_0061.jpg

IMG_0090.jpg

IMG_0095.jpg

IMG_0128.jpg