• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Frog Blog

Thanks, Flexd. I like that shot also and I look forward to wheeling that trail again this year. Your build plans sound good, and I'm personally glad you decided on the 10.5" KM2's. There is a world of difference between "Club 31" and "Club 33" and the more pizza-cuttin 10.50 followers there are, the better!

For clearance, you may notice my missing driver's side fender. Even with a new 5.5" lift and 10.50's, I occasionally pop the trim. Both sides ended up in the back of my Heep during that trip, so trim that beyotch.

My front fenders are trimmed to like an inch below the body line! :D they were hacked up pretty bad so I just cleaned them up. I may need some serious bumpstopping out back but the front should just need minimal bumpstopping. I really don't want the tires sticking out any further because there are a few spots on our adopted trail that are really narrow. I've seen 35x12.5's rub on trees on either side.:eek: I'll grab a crappy cell phone pic tonight when we are done with the rear.

Oh yeah pictures :D :

Just finished up and yes the trackbar is about an inch off!
2011-01-30_18-58-22_835.jpg

Here's how she sits. got about 3.5" out of it
2011-01-30_21-23-43_483.jpg

Looks good, Flexd! I want to swap my lights to big yella ones like yours. Give me your performance opinion of them when you get a chance.

They are frigging ridiculous and nobody should own them........:D I love them, the filters are interchangeable which is nice so I can swap to something else(only have these and the clear covers right now) in a matter of seconds. They also focus like a maglite. I think they are worth the $250 even though I didn't pay that! :D Plus, I am the only guy in town running Lightforce. All the others have either wally world crap or Hella. I'd upgrade them to HID but I don't want to spend$ 130 a light to do it until I get more things taken care of. 100w halogen is PLENTY!

Treated the Frog to 6 quarts of Royal Purple 10w30 synthetic engine oil today. While I was at it, I drained the rear diff fluid, installed a C8.25 lube locker, and filled the differential with Royal Purple 75w-90 high performance synthetic gear oil.

I'll lube my drive shaft tomorrow. :)

Treated the Frog to 6 quarts of Royal Purple 10w30 synthetic engine oil today. While I was at it, I drained the rear diff fluid, installed a C8.25 lube locker, and filled the differential with Royal Purple 75w-90 high performance synthetic gear oil.

I'll lube my drive shaft tomorrow. :)

You only do that on Sundays? :roflmao:

Let us know if you see any increase in gas mileage with the synthetics. My differentials are due and I was considering synthetic.

Let us know if you see any increase in gas mileage with the synthetics. My differentials are due and I was considering synthetic.

The biggest reason for me to go with synthetics is to prevent me frequent changes (lasts longer between changes), since I put on an ass load of miles each week. I also want my rig to last to 400k miles, and Red Line or Royal Purple are top choices for lubes. I put RP in my kid's rear diff a few months ago and he reports good results, all things considered. I'll do my front diff soon and if I can average anything more than 14.7 mpg, that would be the reason. I'll let you know. Hard to get good mileage out of a rolling toaster with 33" tires and a couple hundred pounds of off-road hardware.

Synthetics will often double or triple your costs. Not sure if any minor gain in mileage will net you a cost savings, but perhaps you will gain longer life out of your parts. I say do it.

I'd be surprised if you did gain anything. You'd probably see a nice gain if you lowed it down to say, maybe 4.5 inches?

I'd be surprised if you did gain anything. You'd probably see a nice gain if you lowed it down to say, maybe 4.5 inches?

& slap some 28's on it.
DONK IT UP YO! :gee:

Nice of you to give the Frog some special attention for your birthday. Happy birthday! party1:

Happy Birthday! :yelclap::yelclap:

Happy Birthday Kelly!! Hope its a good one!

Hey thanks, guys! Spent some time constructing a rear cargo area shelf for the XJ today. Now I'm prepping for a crab boil party with family and friends. Got a 40-quart pot ready for king crab, prawns, sausage, potatoes, and corn. Also have copious amounts of Anchor Steam beer. Should be a good time.

Still haven't lubed the driveshaft, though.

Happy Birthday Kelly.
Hope your shelf turns out well.
Does it incorporate a tie down for the winch?

You have to lube that driveshaft regularly...

Happy Birthday Kelly.
Hope your shelf turns out well.
Does it incorporate a tie down for the winch?

You have to lube that driveshaft regularly...

Thanks, Jim. No, I did not incorporate a tiedown for the winch. I did build a special place for it in the garage, but I don't plan to haul that around on a regular basis so I just took advantage of some scrap materials I had laying around. Plus, I still have that spare 33" tire in the back so there's not much room for a winch, shovel, fire extinguisher, parts bag, etc. Maybe one day after I buy my welder I'll fab up something really cool and I'll have all that crap in the back.

I don't think I got to say it but Happy Birthday dude! :cheers:

Back