• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Annual Christmas tree run

Status
Not open for further replies.
as it so happens. I remembered I inquired into this subject back in april. Here is the link to the post. http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1082105 .

I inquired into what was LEGAL use of Goat Mt. and what I posted was the reply I got is a forwarded message from Mr. Adam Milnor the Outdoor Recreation Planner for BLM Salem District, Cascades Resource Area

But I will still inquire into this matter again just to clear it up.

FWIW that email says nothing new. Roads only, we know this, we obey, end of story

Right. I'm not saying the roads are off limits just anything else. And just because there is an open gate does not make the land any less private. But like I said, I will seek further clearification on this issue.

Because all of the "trails" on goat mt. are illegal, the road to the cell / repeater tower and the land its on is private property and therefore illegal. The only part of goat that is legal is the forest roads and land at the lowest area. So,......... If you want to just stay on forest roads ONLY and get your tree early then there us no reason we can't go to goat. There will not be a run to the tower.
No shit, are you going to stomp your feet and cry! it sounds as if your on the brink of saying I'm gonna go tell mom!! :rattle:

Right. I'm not saying the roads are off limits just anything else. And just because there is an open gate does not make the land any less private. But like I said, I will seek further clearification on this issue.

And you had to talk to an official to find this out? Really? This is the best you can do! LOL what a joke!

An one more thing who asked you to check in on this captain awesomeness?
I'm sure Ryan, Nick and Scott know the rules.

I'm sure Ryan, Nick and Scott know the rules.

When in doubt. I varify.. It's cool that Aaron takes the time to look aswell. But I go off "my" phone call or pit stop in the local areas ranger/sheriff office

Rules always change. I am going off the latest information I received.

Yes, I talked to an official about this in the intrest of keeping current with ever changing laws and regulations.

I'm sorry so many of you seem to have a problem with making sure we follow current rules and restrictions.

Rules always change. I am going off the latest information I received.

Yes, I talked to an official about this in the intrest of keeping current with ever changing laws and regulations.

I'm sorry so many of you seem to have a problem with making sure we follow current rules and restrictions.

You clearly don't understand personal accountability

You clearly don't understand personal accountability

Sure I do. I only wish to stay current on the regulations and to have our actions reflect that way.

I know that most of you are very responsible and accountable for your own actions. And I trust that the right choices will be made.

I posted as to legality based on the last information I had. Only wanting to ensure that we evolve along with changing laws and restrictions. I will clarify this issue and if I am wrong I will admit it.

Re: The Annual Christmas Tree AND TOYS FOR TOTS run

Look guys, I find it hard to believe that we cant organize a simple toys & trees run without getting into a pissing match. REALLY?
This is simple, and as with any run, we should ALL be open to suggestions, and allow the flow of ideas, and opinions to be posted without ridicule and sarcasm.

THERE'S A TIME AND PLACE FOR EVERYTHING....
Look I'll throw some jabs and sarcasm around as much as the next guy, but if we seriously can't come together to properly organize something as simple as our annual Toys for Tots and Christmas Tree Run...then this chapter has a lot more problems than ANY of us realize.

I think a few of you are forgetting this point.... the primary focus of this run IS the collection of toys for a good cause ...Namely... Toys for Tots, We've combined this with the Tree Run for simplicity sake.... and because it was done this way in the past with good results and positive feedback.

We (the NWC) have come together for this in the past (I refer you to last year) without difficulty and all this ridicule/arguing/pubescent bickering. You can get a Christmas tree just about anywhere, and if you really want one THAT fricking bad from a specific area, then by all means set up another time and date to do that, no one's going to stop you, and in fact there may be people that will want to join in.
AGAIN.....THIS specific run is about the kids, and MAYBE getting a tree while we're out.... its bigger than you or me, or what you think the current regulations are on a specific area of one mountain or another, or even where you may feel like wheeling.

Can we please just come together for this with out all the bickering?

There is a thread created in the staging area http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1092676 that has briefly outlined the ROUGH DRAFT of the plan for this run. The date/time/meeting point is all set.
The actual route is secondary to what we're coming together for.

I'm willing to trust Ryan's and Dave's results from their scouting run recently. And that the Tree's at LaDee arent of good enough quality to consider cutting down. FINE - LaDee was initially chosen because there was interest shown early in the planning stages of this... again, destination is open to change. Goat Mt. sounds like a reasonable alternative, and I see no problem with considering it. Look there's going to be pro's and cons to where ever we decide to go, and there may be some of you that would rather go somewhere else....its THAT which we need to set aside for the time being and focus on what's more important here.
-thank you.

Last edited:
Look I'll throw some jabs and sarcasm around as much as the next guy, but if we seriously can't come together to properly organize something as simple as our annual Toys for Tots and Christmas Tree Run...then this chapter has a lot more problems than ANY of us realize.

Welcome to the NW Chapter of NAXJA. :rolleyes:

Re: The Annual Christmas Tree AND TOYS FOR TOTS run

Look guys, I find it hard to believe that we cant organize a simple toys & trees run without getting into a pissing match. REALLY?
This is simple, and as with any run, we should ALL be open to suggestions, and allow the flow of ideas, and opinions to be posted without ridicule and sarcasm.

THERE'S A TIME AND PLACE FOR EVERYTHING....

I think a few of you are forgetting this point.... the primary focus of this run IS the collection of toys for a good cause ...Namely... Toys for Tots, We've combined this with the Tree Run for simplicity sake.... and because it was done this way in the past with good results and positive feedback.

We (the NWC) have come together for this in the past (I refer you to last year) without difficulty and all this ridicule/arguing/pubescent bickering. You can get a Christmas tree just about anywhere, and if you really want one THAT fricking bad from a specific area, then by all means set up another time and date to do that, no one's going to stop you, and in fact there may be people that will want to join in.
AGAIN.....THIS specific run is about the kids, and MAYBE getting a tree while we're out.... its bigger than you or me, or what you think the current regulations are on a specific area of one mountain or another, or even where you may feel like wheeling.

Can we please just come together for this with out all the bickering?

There is a thread created in the staging area http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1092676 that has briefly outlined the ROUGH DRAFT of the plan for this run. The date/time/meeting point is all set.
The actual route is secondary to what we're coming together for.

I'm willing to trust Ryan's and Dave's results from their scouting run recently. And that the Tree's at LaDee arent of good enough quality to consider cutting down. FINE - LaDee was initially chosen because there was interest shown early in the planning stages of this... again, destination is open to change. Goat Mt. sounds like a reasonable alternative, and I see no problem with considering it. Look there's going to be pro's and cons to where ever we decide to go, and there may be some of you that would rather go somewhere else....its THAT which we need to set aside for the time being and focus on what's more important here.
-thank you.
you still wanna be president? LOL

How about no, this is first and foremost a Christmas tree run that on the side last year we tied the toy run in, call me selfish but my concern was carrying on a tradition. How about we straighten out the first problem before adding on top?

You want to manage this crap, how about trying 6-10 weeks prior..

Now back on subject, we typically meet up at the estacada ranger station about 7:30-8a. And leave around 9a. I aswell as nick will take over on the tree run side, Aaron and josh can tie in the toy run. Does that work?

How about no, this is first and foremost a Christmas tree run that on the side last year we tied the toy run in, call me selfish but my concern was carrying on a tradition. How about we straighten out the first problem before adding on top?

Now back on subject, we typically meet up at the estacada ranger station about 7:30-8a. And leave around 9a. I aswell as nick will take over on the tree run side, Aaron and josh can tie in the toy run. Does that work?

^
I would have said that! But it would have looked like an attack.

Tree run (for the snow and fun) like always

+toys

Last edited:

in 2008 - the group didnt leave the Ranger station till after 9,
in 2009 - people were still showing up at 9.....
in 2010 - it wasnt posted but appeared to be roughly the same time frame going off the staging area thread.
in 2011 - same story,

So as far as tradition goes, we'll keep to the existing plan and what has been the established time frame since the inception of this....so lets stick to tradition if thats indeed what this is all about to you.

Discussion and planning on this DID start in the third week of October.... so yea...nearly 6 weeks prior to the event.... I'm sorry if your feeling are hurt because you were't included or made yourself apart of it sooner. 6-10 weeks ago there is not one post about you wanting to plan any of this, but thank you for your concerns none the less.

I have no problem if you want to separate the Toys for Tots run and the Christmas Tree run, and "take over" the tree side of things. The last couple years the two have been peacefully combined without complaints or issues.
I guess I was at fault for thinking that this year could be done the same way.
MY BAD

It's this kind of lack of forethought and incessant and pointless attrition that is driving a wedge in the NWC Scott.

I'm just trying to bring us together for a couple common interests, (meeting up with fellow jeepers - and Xmas tree hunting) and a good cause (toys for tots)...Since I haven't organized the last 6 years of these trips, I can only go off of my research from previous years, of what has been done before, and the input of those who are interested in participating this year.

Its apparent that these two trips cannot be combined without a large degree of turmoil, so next year, assume that they will be separated.

I'll close with words from President Lincoln:
"“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time"

...but i'll continue to do my best to keep things civil, on track, and in the best interests of the NWC.

Trees and toys is ok!
Your missing the point.

No ladee
We will have the tree run at goat.
We will throw the toys in with that. AT GOAT! Not ladee

Sounds like a plan Scott. You and nick handle the tree run and josh and I will do the toys for tots.

Just everyone who wishes to participate please bring some new unwrapped toys with you to the ranger station. One everyone has arrived and dropped if their toys we will get a tally then everyone can leave to go get trees together.

Deal?

Sounds like a plan Scott. You and nick handle the tree run and josh and I will do the toys for tots.

Just everyone who wishes to participate please bring some new unwrapped toys with you to the ranger station. One everyone has arrived and dropped if their toys we will get a tally then everyone can leave to go get trees together.

Deal?

And to be clear, the tree run will be at goat.

See that's not so hard..

HEY EVERYONE, same thing as last year. :eeks1:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back