• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tech Inspection

XJEEPER

NAXJA Member # 13
NAXJA Member
Derek Krantz (jmaxj) is PMing me, committing to help with Tech inspections. Who is managing this so I can point him in their direction?

Derek Krantz (jmaxj) is PMing me, committing to help with Tech inspections. Who is managing this so I can point him in their direction?

The same guy that blatantly posted that he is not going to be running insurance on his rig wants to do tech?

mac 'anyone else see an issue with this?' gyvr

Yeah...

Although I will say that the rules aren't perfectly clear. One one hand it says that insurance is required but the on the other it ties it to vehicle registration. It leaves a quasi-loophole.

My point is that he is being blatanly outspoken about it.

Are we going to check every rig for insurance...maybe, maybe not...but we are speaking out in public about it...

mac 'thinking about deleting his pompous comment' gyvr

My point is that he is being blatanly outspoken about it.

Are we going to check every rig for insurance...maybe, maybe not...but we are speaking out in public about it...

mac 'thinking about deleting his pompous comment' gyvr

Understood completely. I'd agree with pulling the comment too.

Since the issue has been raised, what happens if a guy flops his rig onto another rig or bystander and the flopped rig carries no liability insurance? I'd be surprised if the NAXJA event policy would provide coverage for this type of accident.........

Well...at work private property accidents are handled between the parties involved.

Is your car insurance going to cover you anyways on an 'off road' trail accident?

Mine covered me years ago (2001) but the trail was technically a county rd...they also were not happy with me and dropped me there after...

How are we going to organize who's been teched and who needs teched? Are we going to have a sticker that goes on the corner of the windshield like we've done at WF and crawl? Or you'll get a form from the tech inspector that you must have to get your registration packet? Do we have a tech form already that we can use?

This is also the same guy you let handle Membership for awhile.

Just sayin....

you is who?

mac 'wasn't my decision' gyvr

i called him to the table on it early and often cause i saw a trend...

mac 'in return i was called a dirty cop' gyvr

Back