• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Team NAXJA/Petty Cash Racing stock class KOH XJ build

Dang.

That is a bummer.

This is perzactly why I have my own domain to host all my own pictures. I have always been burned when someone has decided to change their T&Cs.

Of course, just wait until my hosting service decides to play those games...

:looney:

Of course, just wait until my hosting service decides to play those games...

:looney:

Yeah but the beauty there is that you just apply your backup from host A to the new host B account and all is good. As long as the forward-facing folder structure hasn't changed and you're using your own domain you can change every week and nobody would know it other than to wonder why you're always so grumpy.

I've been rolling my own for years.

I need opinions on a new photo hosting service. Trying to update build threads using google drive, but their sharing kind of sucks a lot.

I'm not sure that i want to spend 90 hours fixing my build thread to leave it in the hands of Yahoo. Maybe time to start hosting my own stuff again.

I think hosting your own makes the most sense.

Especially if the window of opportunity to edit a post is closed.

I don't see any path for most folks to fix their threads unless they are granted powers by the mods.

Cal used to host his own pics....

Went back to hosting my own.

Got about 1/3 of the way through the thread, but the download from photobucket is missing 14-18 months worth of photos, and now their downloader appears to be disabled or broken.

Went back to hosting my own.

Got about 1/3 of the way through the thread, but the download from photobucket is missing 14-18 months worth of photos, and now their downloader appears to be disabled or broken.

they're probably going to hold them 100% ransom now....

Well, I have fixed *most* of the images in the thread. 2 days of my life lost to photobucket's asshattery.

There are a few more of mine that i can and may fix, and a bunch that belong to others that I can't really. If people wanted to download their 4643 images and send them to me, I'd toss them in my folder and fix the urls. But I doubt anyone other than Dallas has enough images to be worth the trouble.

Well, I have fixed *most* of the images in the thread. 2 days of my life lost to photobucket's asshattery.

There are a few more of mine that i can and may fix, and a bunch that belong to others that I can't really. If people wanted to download their 4643 images and send them to me, I'd toss them in my folder and fix the urls. But I doubt anyone other than Dallas has enough images to be worth the trouble.

I appreciate the effort you did to fix most.
Your thread is a great tech thread with lots of knowledge

One thing that I have learned about myself through this build, is that I can't have this car in the fleet and not give it 100% of myself all the time. Which as it turns out isn't so bad when you're racing, but causes a real problem in other walks of life. ;)

For the team, 2017 has been kind of tough. Both James and Dallas have new children. Richard has reached retirement age and is spending his time on very well earned vacations with his grandchildren. My father has been fighting cancer - and while he has it beat, it has brought to my attention that I need to spend the next several years with him and not under a lift chasing cracks in thin metal; or drinking beer and watching Dallas chase cracks in thin metal, which is probably a lot more accurate.

After discussing it with the team, its time to part the car and move on. There are a few small parts we're going to hold on to for a couple of other builds, but as a general rule, everything goes.

Its been a fun ride.

If someone is serious and wants to build a 4600 car, I'll make them a killer deal on the chassis.

Thank you for taking to time to fix the pictures. Your build thread is a wealth of XJ information. I must have read it 5 times from start to finish and always find myself referencing back to it.

It's a bummer it's come to an end, but it's definitely for all the right reasons.

I'll be the first parts vulture, when does everything go up for sale?

if you wanted to buy safety gear, about an hour ago.

otherwise i'll probably start stripping it tomorrow.

and you aren't the first. not by a long shot. ;)

if you wanted to buy safety gear, about an hour ago.

otherwise i'll probably start stripping it tomorrow.

and you aren't the first. not by a long shot. ;)

can you wait until after my wedding so I can afford to buy things?

Back