• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

T&T Project Low Wagon

I was just gonna ask how you made a 30 live with those awesome 37s on it... now I know.

I'm impressed by the R&P handling that for sure. You must use your brain instead of your throttle unlike me :dunce:

This jeep is just plain awesome.

Low_wagon_habanero.jpg

DSC03376.jpg

:us::clap:

I love seeing full bodied XJ's at their finest!

I was just gonna ask how you made a 30 live with those awesome 37s on it... now I know.

I'm impressed by the R&P handling that for sure. You must use your brain instead of your throttle unlike me :dunce:

This jeep is just plain awesome.

I hate breaking so I'm pretty light on the peddle. It also helps that the JK Dana 30 has a pinion that's nearly twice the diameter of of a standard Dana 30.

How are you guys liking the iroks? was thinkin about swithcing to those since the life on these mtr's is limited and I wouldnt have to jump to 17's yet.....

How are you guys liking the iroks? was thinkin about swithcing to those since the life on these mtr's is limited and I wouldnt have to jump to 17's yet.....

I would rather have 35" MTRs than 37" Iroks. :spin1:

Last edited:
Not that you asked me. LOL

But I have run both and like the Irok over the old MTR... Though in a swamper I like the LTB and SX over the Irok. I have not owned them my self, I have seen the NEW MTR Kevlar on the trail many times and they KICK ASS! I will be swaping my 37" BFG krawlers to MTR Kevlars when it's time to change shoes. Very good tire IMO.

Oh ive run several sets of Kevlars, but just moved up from 35's to 37's and they are old style MTR, not Kevlars. And the rim size is still 15". So I didnt know if they felt the Iroks were performing satisfactory to their needs or not since they are out here in CO as well. Id love another set of Kevlars, but that also requires another 1k in new 17" beadlocks :doh: Just getting their input on that specific tire by someone I know wheels hard as well

I have been very impressed with the Iroks. The more broke in they get the better they get. I've wheeled them in several different terrains and they have done good in all of them, wet and dry. I'm really looking forward to doing some snow bashing this winter cause their big side lugs should work nicely.

I was very happy with my 36" bias iroks. especially for the price (though that was 3-4 years ago)

i have heard that some sizes seem to work better than others however

The 37 is much better (bigger Lugs) then the 36... and I can honestly say the Radial works better then the Bias. The Bias Iroks seem the be to round... They are both easy to cut so thats not a reason for the Bias over Radial. But they may not be the best... they do work well.

Those IROKs look badass on the T&T rig. Nice job!

But in regards to the 37's... the IROK radials have a 10-ply tread rating (equivalent to Load Range E) and the MT/R with Kevlar are Load Range D's. I'm guessing that they are quite a bit stiffer than the old MT/Rs that are C's and mine wrap around rocks like nobody's business. So you guys don't see the stiffer tires as being an issue???

Those IROKs look badass on the T&T rig. Nice job!

But in regards to the 37's... the IROK radials have a 10-ply tread rating (equivalent to Load Range E) and the MT/R with Kevlar are Load Range D's. I'm guessing that they are quite a bit stiffer than the old MT/Rs that are C's and mine wrap around rocks like nobody's business. So you guys don't see the stiffer tires as being an issue???

When their new they're stiff! It took a couple trips at very low pressure to get them broke in, but once they broke in.......:D

I'm sure that passenger side d30 hub loved that, jk axle or not. :big grin:

Last time I went through that obstacle no problem. If the rear would have been 6" towards the passenger side I would have been fine.

As for the scratch and dent sale, I don't know. This thing works so good I'm tempted to just take a bit longer with my other project so I can keep playing in this one. I can always just start removing sheet metal and replacing sections with tube :D

Back