• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SYE + Driveshaft...under $100.00 (not 56k friendly)

lol, if you're going to that trouble why not go with a regular yoke output in the rear?

At the time I got a deal on the RE H&T and now I am stuck with the flange.
Although I am now considering doing this mod to get rid of the flange.
The big issue will be how I will install my driveshaft brake assembly since the rotor mounts between the flange and DS.

MK post some pics I am like 6.5 to 8.5

I get some and post this afternoon. I got to head into work for a couple of hours. This is a wrenching weekend for me so I am gunna hit the local pick and pull for the yoke mentioned in this thread.

I am at 6.5 found a DS on ebay out of a 96 auto, that will work right?

and mk153 if they have more than one and it is under like 20 to 30 bucks snag it and i will buy it from you.

my bad sorry!!

mk153smaw is a weapon I used to carry in the Marines. I is a shoulder fired rocket ;)
DSCF0672.jpg

DSCF0673.jpg

DSCF0674.jpg

I am at 6.5 found a DS on ebay out of a 96 auto, that will work right?

and mk153 if they have more than one and it is under like 20 to 30 bucks snag it and i will buy it from you.

I will see if they have one. I only have one spare at the moment

FYI I believe the front shaft from a ZJ is a bit longer than an XJ's and will work, depending on how much lift you have.

Also if you used a rear yoke on the tcase output that required you to assemble the universal joint with the yoke installed on the vehicle, that could make busting a ujoint down the road on that shaft a terrible situation as you couldn't just unbolt the driveshaft from the yoke.

ok I now have the same DS in the front as the rear no vibs sweet only took a hour to do.

P1260079.jpg

P1260082.jpg

P1260083.jpg

It does not look like you have cut and drilled the output shaft or shortened the yoke! That would mean you have TWO slip yokes and are really going to shorten the life of the rear output bearing as it is not designed to handle the weight of a double cardon joint so far way from it!
Please tell you have not done that.

I cut 2 inches off the yoke and 2 inches off the out put shaft then drilled and tapped it to 1/2 13 bolt and thread locked everything.
Thanks for the concern gojeep!

That doesnt look like enough slip yoke travel!
P1260083.jpg

I cut 2 inches off the yoke and 2 inches off the out put shaft then drilled and tapped it to 1/2 13 bolt and thread locked everything.
Thanks for the concern gojeep!

That is alright then. :) Just the lack of slip yoke travel threw me. I would be a bit concerned about that as if you run out of compression, your could break the transfercase apart! What rear end are you running there as cant see enough to identify it? Did you leave only 1.25" of spline on the output shaft?

Last edited:
Back