• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SYE + Driveshaft...under $100.00 (not 56k friendly)

nice clean write-up. my SYE t-case cost $250, and the driveshaft cost another $200 to have custom built...definitely not cheap, and it was on the cheaper side of things anyways...

well thought out, but as stated I would use harder grade hardware. yes, what you're using will stretch, but if it gets to the point that it needs to stretch, something isn't right with the slip on your double cardan shaft, and you cut the trans output too short also if that were the case (I'm not saying that that is the case).

if i were to do this on a pre-96, how would i go about sealing the rear output? ive never done an SYE so sorry for the newb question.

I installed this SYE last night, Went easy, took about an hour. I have 5.5" of lift and with the 1" drop crossmember in place the front driveshaft I used from an automatic cherokee, (same as my front driveshaft) is almost too long. I am going to remove the drop and it should be ok, but at ride height currently there is about 1" showing on the slip on the driveshaft.

Now if only there was a yoke for the front output of the TC that would match the RE H&T or this setup. If that was possible then you could carry identical DS's for both the front and the rear without having to change up the dbl cardon joint. I am on 6.5" of lift and my 14B has a much longer snout enabling me to use the front DS the length it is without modding it for my SYE.
Any of you know how it can be done. Would make for a great match up for trail repairs.

Now if only there was a yoke for the front output of the TC that would match the RE H&T or this setup. If that was possible then you could carry identical DS's for both the front and the rear without having to change up the dbl cardon joint. I am on 6.5" of lift and my 14B has a much longer snout enabling me to use the front DS the length it is without modding it for my SYE.
Any of you know how it can be done. Would make for a great match up for trail repairs.

lol, if you're going to that trouble why not go with a regular yoke output in the rear?

Back