• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Swap party - And parts for sale

Put me in charge of a perticular project, that way I can be sure I have all the right tools. I'm bringing the Jeep and need to save some room for some parts I'm picking up along the way (like a full set of tires!)
Engine swap?
Axels?
You name it....I can screw it up!
Rick R

Dan Turner said:
I'm bringin' the strippers???
Sweet!! Dan, right on!!:peace: :guitar: :peace:

Kyung

well Im gona try and still make it my power steering pump froze up on me tonight so I need to get a replacemnt in the heep in the morning (hopefully napa has one in stock) If I make it Ill be there Im guessing about 2 if not Ill have to hook up with ya on a differnt date to buy the bumper

We got a lot done today. Got the interior pretty much stripped out. Bumpers, hitch, gas skid, rock rails (and so on) are all removed. The rear axle/suspension is on a pallet waiting to be slid under the new Jeep.

IMG_0100.jpg

If anyone plans on coming out, figure about 8 am. I'll probably be there earlier, but just to be on the safe side..

I'll bring bagels for breakfast and plenty of non-alcoholic beverages (I don't want drunks working on my Jeep :) ). If you must have beer, by all means, bring an ice chest.

Rick, you're in charge of cutting the carcass with your plasma cutter into manageable pieces. After everyone gets done driving over it in the parking lot.

i had been meaning to check back sooner but it's been a busy week for me. anyway, i don't know how early i can get out there tomorrow or how long i can stay and help but i do plan on coming by to at least meet some of you guys in person and buy some parts if they're still available. should i bring some tools or will you have some on hand?

eddie

Come on out just to hang out a while. Only tool I'm still looking for is a pitman arm puller.

I'm leaving now. If anyone needs to reach me (949)212-8887. That's (949)21-BUTTS.

GSequoia said:
Well that was a long day!

Just got home and cleaned up ... Will post up some pictures tomorrow...

You ain't kidding, sister.

Got Johnny up and running, after a few starting problems caused by Kyung's welding while the ECU was hooked up. Oh, that and that nasty bearing click in the rear...

Great turn out, great guys, great friends (both new and old) and a great day. Thanks everyone who helped, you all friggin' rock.

Okay, I'm going to bed; solo for once. I soooo friggin' tired.

Sorry I couldn't make it today guys. I only have my son every other weekend and this was my weekend and he's leaving tonight to go to Vegas with his mom.........I REALLY wanted to go but thought it was scheduled for sunday.

hey johnny, just wanted to thank you again for inviting me over today and for the parts. wish i could have been more help and stay longer but it looked like you had it covered and then some.

as for everyone else, it was nice to meet the few of you that i did. :)

edit: hey, if nobody ever showed up to take the rest of your front seat belts, could i have them. turns out the latch you gave me doesn't work with the old style shoulder harnesses. please let me know - thanks!

Thanks to everyone who came out today.

Grant, James, Rob, Curt, Kyung, Dan (Turner), Rabbit, Rick, Jose, Josh, Cal, Bryce, Jon, Avery, Sequoia, Eddie, Dan (dzraces). Damn, I know I'm probably forgetting somebody. Forgive me, I'm tired.

Could not done it without you (literally). There were times when all I could do was stand back and watch, because there were people all over both Jeeps.

I eventually found out the cause of the starting problem and muffler bearing click. :D Nice ones.

Eddie, I'll try to remember to pull those seatbelts tomorrow.

Thanks again guys. You're the greatest.

I wish I could have been there to help out (settling into life in VA). Jo was really impressed by the turn out and how much the SoCal chapter pulled together to help you out. A great example of what a NAXJA chapter should be. We are all going to miss you guys.

John, Jo & Emma

Sorry I left early guys, as it turned out, I didn't need to.
Picked up my tires from Mikey and got stuck in traffic (who the hell has traffic jams on Saturday for Christ sake?)
Got home to find my irrigation guy had already left....bastid!
Oh...BTW I woke up this morning and figured out a way I could have used
my plasma cutter using just 110 outlets. Damn, I hate that!
Next time we need to cut something up I'll have a junction box made!
Anyway...what sort of dirty tricks did they play on you Johnny?
When I left there was wispers of subtrifuge... :D (did I spell that right Cracker?)
Rick R

Hey Johnny,

Sorry I could not make it by. Between everyone in my family being sick this past week and work, things were pretty crazy. I am glad yo uhad a great turnout. Can't wait to see the "new" Jeep. So when is it's maden voyage on a trail? Maybe a Big Bear trip in the very near future?

Let me know what else yo need done and I will do my best to give you hand.

Sorry again dude.

Jump This said:
Oh...BTW I woke up this morning and figured out a way I could have used
my plasma cutter using just 110 outlets. Damn, I hate that!
Next time we need to cut something up I'll have a junction box made!
Rick R
yup a junction box with a bunch of cord so you can hit 2 separate 110 circuits. its impoertant to hit separate circuits ask me why ;)

Back