• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SWAMP LAKE

[quote:33dabd65a0="FarmerMatt"]Now what, may I ask, is that about. Was she talking like a sailor behind my back again or was she just talking "to" the sailors again?[/quote:33dabd65a0]

I think she was a little mad at the KOA people.
She may be small, but she carries a big-ass stick! :wink:

Jes

The campground at Dinkey, you mean?

I don't think it's an "improved" site, so no toilets or anything like that.....

CRASH

There are no facilities where you guys are camping on Thursday night. There are some down the road a bit though. Friday night will be spent half way through the trail near a natural lake with no facilities. Saturday will again be spent in the same place as Thursday night "near" facilities. HTH.

Matt

This is a pic on Bald mountain where we'll play Sunday.

[img:07c4a70c18]http://home.earthlink.net/~pigie/_uimages/BaldMtHoliwoodRock.JPG[/img:07c4a70c18]

Re: Grouse Lake?

[quote:8368104501="XJCHUCK72"]Anyone have any pics of the site, or have details on the facilities, if there are any. I'm considering having my family stay with me Friday night.[/quote:8368104501]

We're not using a developed camp site, so there are no facilities, but there are outhouses about a 1/4 mile away in a picnic area, at the ranger station down the road, and at the Dinkey Store about a mile away. There are also showers at the Dinkey Store, which are also used by those in Dinkey Creek Campground, and the store has a snack bar/grill for breakdast and lunch, and ice. You could get a campsite in Dinkey Creek Campground if you want, but it would only give you a picnic table and closer restrooms.

Richard G

Here's a shot of us at the top of Bald Mtn two years ago.

[img:8368104501]http://xjzone.designermeat.com/Trails/swamp_lake/sl_ee.jpg[/img:8368104501]

BTW, here's a pic of the lake where we'll be camping on Friday. If you look closely, you can see the XJ's parked in the trees across the lake......that's our camp.

Richard G

[img:ec02e64f63]http://xjzone.designermeat.com/Trails/swamp_lake/sl_r.jpg[/img:ec02e64f63]

Swamp Lake

I'll head out Thursday morning, following Keven and Lisa. :lol:

Looks like I'll head out Thursday morning about 9 AM which should put me up in Dinkey Creek at about 2 PM.
See you all there! 8)

Jes

I think Grouse Lake is about 3 or 4 miles but it's steep with a lot of tight turns and big boulders, I wouldn't suggest taking any stock 4X4 up there. Bald mountain is fully doable in any 4X4 that has a low range in it's t-case.

Jes

Dude, do you think I could make it all the way to Grouse Lake?

I have some experience, but it's mostly what SeanP taught me about web wheeling......

CRASH

[quote:8966b97aa9="CRASH"]Dude, do you think I could make it all the way to Grouse Lake?

[/quote:8966b97aa9]

Negative.

Jes

Back