• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SWAMP LAKE

what ru serious. thats gay dude there will be other youtas and cjs there

Punctuation and grammar are your friends!

CRASH

[quote:ccbb211d9b="Stoney"]what ru serious. thats gay dude there will be other youtas and cjs there[/quote:ccbb211d9b]

I am joking, but this is an "XJ" run isn't it?
And punctuation and grammar are your friends. :D

Jes

[quote:db73c698b1="FarmerMatt"]I think the only one sabotaging your rig is the guy that’s been wrenching on it. Either way I'll probably meet up with you guys at the entrance to the trail. About what time were you planning on starting Richard? [/quote:db73c698b1]

The plan is to leave from the Dinkey ranger station at 8:30, which should put us at the trailhead airing down around 9:30, although we may stop when the road gets rough and air down. I'd like to get to Grouse Lake by early afternoon so we can set up camp and have plenty of time to swim, explore, and relax. Since it's likely we'll have 20+ rigs, I figure we may split up into two groups as we get down the trail, so we can get some to the lake to make sure we have the camping spots we'll need.

This trip is going to be goooood............ :lol:

BTW, we'll be on CB channel 4 if you need to raise us while coming into camp. Remember, especially if you arrive after dark, if you reach the ranger station or Dinkey store, turn around because you missed the turn.

Richard G

Richard,

Are there, shall we say, "optional" spots to play some follow the leader?

Also, I can tail gun on one group if the need arises. I was hoping to give Lup her long awaited driving lessons on this trip, and tail gun might be a good spot to give her a go.

CRASH

Well, not really on Swamp. There are a couple of places with optional lines but nothing exciting. It's different on Bald Mtn, though, there are some fun optional spots to play on. Bald is easier than Swamp if you stay on the main trail, but it has a few fun spots with optional obstacles. Some of it is like a granite Moab, so we can defintely play around, and we can roam around to find good stuff that's off the main trail, which you can't do on Swamp.

If we don't stay on top for too long, or if a few of us want to play while others enjoy the view for awhile, we can drop off the top to the south, which is how we'll come down, and then climb back up some optional lines. How much we can play depends on what time we leave camp Sunday morning and how anxious we are to hit the road for home.

Hey, :idea: what do you all think, how about a potluck Friday night at Grouse Lake :?:

Richard G

Hmmmmmm......Mexican maybe?

I'll bring tortillas and some chicken, onions and peppers for fajitas......

Looks like Lup and I may stay till Tuesday, since she has two meetings in Shaver lake on monday and tuesday.

CRASH

Wow! That's sure convenient. :lol:

You just may have to go run into Coyote Lake on Monday...and take your fishing pole. If you guys will still be there, I may hang out Sunday and go home Monday AM......we'll see.

Mexican sounds good to me.

Richard G

Hmmmm.....I've heard about Coyote. I'll bring some maps of the area with me so you can point us in some interesting directions.

The fishing poles will be in attendance. I was gonna make some sushi for you all with fresh trout. Especially if Paul S. is coming! We'll do that Saturday night.

CRASH

Hey Andy, make your killer mexican dip and I'll bring plenty of chips and fresh salsa.
I'll be staying till Monday so maybe we can make Bald Mountain an all day thing. There's plenty of stuff up there where we can play the "Who can be more stupid?" game. :wink:

Jes

I might still end up coming down for this one. Is it really an "XJ only" run? After last year I was thinking that it might be fun doing it in my stock TJ. I just took the hard top off of it yeasterday. YEEEHAAAA!!!

Not XJ only, though we're gonna poke fun at ya if you show up in the TJ!

Come down, it's gonna be a blast!

CRASH

A TJ can't make it through Swamp route.
Its' wheelbase is too short. :wink:

:lol:

Jes

EDIT: gotta learn to type better...

hey guys, sorry, work came up and i cant make it!!! Count me out. But I am ready for DUSY!!!!!!!

Who are you? Guest?

Sounds kinda fishy to me, but I'll try anything. Coyote is a fun little trail & worth the time. Bald has some pretty interesting spots to play. Don't worry Andy I'll keep your life interesting with a few spots on bald. I'll probably be up there around 9:00 or earlier. I plan on leaving my place around 7. I can bring some cans of refried beans if that would help. My cooking skills aren't the greatest & I'm playing bachelor on this trip while the wife goes to visit grandma in Arkysaw with the boys. :wink:

Matt

[quote:e002383143="FarmerMatt"]I'm playing bachelor on this trip while the wife goes to visit grandma in Arkysaw with the boys. :wink:

Matt[/quote:e002383143]

Awww, I'm gonna miss your wife's colorful use of the english language! :mrgreen:

Jes

Back