• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Swamp Lake annual run, Aug 8-10

Goatman said:
Didn't the Fresno club install a john at Grouse Lake? Wondering if I need to bring the PETT.

Yeah Ben H. broke a sweat digging the hole and helped put up the walls for it last year, they also put one in over the hill at Swamp lake too.

But I don't know the condition of it this year. Anyone know?

Goatman said:
Jes, I was thinking I'd just park the truck at the parking area by the bridge, but then I remembered I'm in the buggy with only a green sticker. I guess I better park over by our normal camping spot so I don't have to drive on the road that close to the ranger station. Jack and I should be getting there around 5:00 to 5:30. When do you and Dave expect to get there?

I hope to get outta here by 10 and might get up there by 4.
Remember, the road to Swamp Route from the parking spot is a no green sticker road as well.
BTW, where ya gonna fit all yer shit on that "not real" XJ? :spin1:

Jes said:
I hope to get outta here by 10 and might get up there by 4.
Remember, the road to Swamp Route from the parking spot is a no green sticker road as well.
BTW, where ya gonna fit all yer shit on that "not real" XJ? :spin1:

Yeah.....but hopefully if I park in the trees no Ranger will see me. Maybe park up just a little further from our normal spot.

My stuff? In the back of your rig....... :D

I'm traveling pretty light, using the pass seat and roof. :)

Ben H said:
I plan on hitting it Friday after work to. What time are you planning on being there Will? Maybe we can take a Friday crew in around 6:30 or 7ish

Im heading down from Sac friday mid morning... I'll likely meet up with Ben and those guys with burgers!

This week has sucked so far... Im looking forward to beating on Phil's junk this weekend!

Hey! Are we too late to join you guys this weekend? We cant do Friday but we can do Saturday and Saturday night. We were just at Bald Today and it was perfect weather.

If anyone wants to call us that would be cool

Mike (559) 978 7250
Tiffany (559) 477 3186

Thanks! Its Tiffanys Birthday this weekend and she really wants to wheel with a group.

Yellow_1 said:
Hey! Are we too late to join you guys this weekend? We cant do Friday but we can do Saturday and Saturday night. We were just at Bald Today and it was perfect weather.

If anyone wants to call us that would be cool

Mike (559) 978 7250
Tiffany (559) 477 3186

Thanks! Its Tiffanys Birthday this weekend and she really wants to wheel with a group.

Sure, it's open to anyone. If you drive in Sat morning you'd be by yourself, but you can drive out Sunday with the group.

Goatman said:
Sure, it's open to anyone. If you drive in Sat morning you'd be by yourself, but you can drive out Sunday with the group.

There is a group of people from another club (~6 rigs) heading to swamp lake saturday morning around 7:30 or so. If you go on the trail, there will be others if shit hits the fan.

Ben H -
I will be shooting to get there about 6:30-7:00. i will let you know when i leave. I called you just now (thurs night at 9) but no answer. My cell is 661-910-3825. Call me tomorrow and we can meet up. I will call you if i dont hear from ya. Cheers,

flem

SharkXJ said:
Hey guys - need your help with something. I am posting here becasue it effects the trip this weekend. My bud Aaron traded my 5 jacked up 33" MT/R's for his 5 almost new 35" BFG Muds. The issue is the spare has a side wall puncture (slow leak) that cannot be repaired. I am just not that confortable running around without a spare.
I was wondering if I could borrow a 35" form someone (if needed)? I just don't have $275 for a new one right now.

Thanks,
Mark
Mark,

you're 5 on 4.5

Phil is 5 on 4.5 with 35's...

His spare tire will be in my tow rig... If you need it, im sure its not a problem...

Back