• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Swamp Lake annual run, Aug 8-10

I more than likely will be going. I don't have a CB tho I have an fm radio like they use in the race cars. Does anyone else?

schaub7 said:
Hey guys this is my first post so take it easy on me. Would an 89 xj with 6.5" lift and open diffs make it? I have done some wheelin around Ridgecrest and gone places where tj with lockers have gone.

Bob,
I've seen your rig work in Red Rock Canyon. I especially loved the expressions on the locked long armed YJ's faces when you were right behind them....classic

2007 TJ---$20k
RE Long arm-$4k
ARB's front and rear-$2k

gettin' your shit handed to you by a short arm $2000 XJ-----------PRICELESS

I'm announcing this trip, but not leading it. I'm driving in Thurs after work so I have 2 full days to relax and hang out at the lake. You guys that have open diffs just need to be OK with the guys you'll be driving in with.

We still need to see who all is coming up Thurs evening and hitting the trail Fri morning.

Goatman said:
We still need to see who all is coming up Thurs evening and hitting the trail Fri morning.
I'm planning on camping at the normal camping spot on Thursday night - is that where you are thinking on leaving the tow rig Goatman?

Hows a group dinner on Saturday night sound to everyone?

Im thinking that I can source a gas BBQ and BenH and I can flip some burgers on Saturday evening, I can grab some potato salad, and call it an evening.

Everyone Bring $10 as a donation to the sierra chapter, and their favorite drink, and we'll call Saturday evening dinner good!

looks like we have:
Goatman + 4?
Letterman
Jes
BenH
Opie
Shark Mark + Aaron
Will (kid)
Schaub7 - if you bring a Tow Strap, you can borrow my lockers when you need them...
DarinCraft +3?

Scrappy? (I need a co-pilot... Rose can ride with Ben :gee:)
Joe?
Ardis and Ron?
Someone wanna invite Porch Puppy and his wife and dogs?

Robert, who was in the nice black TJ last year, will be there Thurs evening to hit the trail on Fri.

I'm good with $10 for some burgers on Sat night. I can also bring some good hot links.

I would like to be in if I can get my front regeared by then.

WillM said:
Is anyone planning on wheeling in Friday night?

I got $10 for dinner on sat :greensmok

Daniel from Bakersfield is planning to drive in after work on Fri. So far, he's planning on wheeling to the lake by himself.

Goatman said:
Daniel from Bakersfield is planning to drive in after work on Fri. So far, he's planning on wheeling to the lake by himself.

I plan on hitting it Friday after work to. What time are you planning on being there Will? Maybe we can take a Friday crew in around 6:30 or 7ish

Ben that would be nice. Daniel just moved here from OK, and this will be his first time wheeling in CA. I'd be giving him directions and he'd be finding his own way. It would be great if he could hook up with someone.

BTW, he has a YJ on 38's.

Goatman said:
Ben that would be nice. Daniel just moved here from OK, and this will be his first time wheeling in CA. I'd be giving him directions and he'd be finding his own way. It would be great if he could hook up with someone.

BTW, he has a YJ on 38's.

Tell Daniel that WillM is in a White YJ:
con608_1126.jpg

And Ben H. is in a Dark XJ with a roof rack:
con608_1033.jpg

Will you should pick up Bryan C. on your way up, or dose anyone have an open seat if he drives up to Dinky Creek friday night in his Honda?

Someone wake up B.C. and tell him to drive his Jeep.

Sorry guys change of plans i have a wedding shower i have to go to. It's family otherwise i wouldn't go.

I can pick up B.C. If he's down to split gas.... damn broke kids:D

Foster (drives 50's flatfender on 36's) might be heading up with me also.

What time are you planning on leaving friday Ben H?

I can adjust to what time you guys get here. I was hoping to leave the top of 4 lanes around 630.

Cell 559-261-5141.

Back