• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Swamp Lake annual run, Aug 8-10

I'll be there with my son. Shark Mark, whats your number? I was planning on going up thursday as well (have the whole day off) and wanted meet up somewhere along the way so we could hit the trail together.

WillM said:
I can pick up B.C. If he's down to split gas.... damn broke kids:D

Foster (drives 50's flatfender on 36's) might be heading up with me also.

What time are you planning on leaving friday Ben H?

IF I make it, I wouldn't be able to make it up there until pretty late. Not looking good for me at all.......:sad1:

Hey guys, i am Daniel or cleverly referred to as Flem. I am hoping to come in on Friday afternoon/evening. So please let me know when/where to meet and i will do my best. Ben/Will, i just talked to Richard Goaty and he said you guys mentioned you are coming in about that time as well... righto

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm ready to sit around a scenic Sierra lake for a few days and take it easy.

4 more days.........

Goatman said:
I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm ready to sit around a scenic Sierra lake for a few days and take it easy.

4 more days.........

After my camping experience this weekend - Peace and quiet is most welcome.

Group Camp Sites at a developed camp SUCKS BALLS!!!!

SharkXJ said:
Group Camp Sites at a developed camp SUCKS BALLS!!!!

What really sucks is I won't be able to make up there for the run this year!!! :rattle:

Goatman said:

4 more days.........

For sure, I am excited about see that lake at sunset again.

The clock is turning backwards here. At least tomorrow is my last day and I waited to fill up the truck, diesel dropped 50 cents in the last two weeks. That saved a good $10 on a fill up.

Ben H said:
I can adjust to what time you guys get here. I was hoping to leave the top of 4 lanes around 630.

Cell 559-261-5141.
It looks like im out for this one, still haven't been able to track down a tire. If i happen to come across one late ill head out, but it doesn't look good

Bummer Will, next time.

Hey flem, lets meet up at Rock Creek Rd at 6:30.

Take 168 towards Shaver lake. Just before Shaver Lake, turn right on Dinkey Creek Road for about 25 minutes, you will see trail head signs for Swamp Lake and other trails on the left hand side of the road. Pass those up by about a mile and to the left is Rock Creek Road. I will meet you at the Dinkey Creek/Rock Creek Road intersection. Richard will be able to give you much better directions I'm sure.

BTW, I just caught my jeep on fire, and am going to have to rewire all lighting before Thursday. I am no electrician, and thank God for fire extinguishers.

WillM said:
It looks like im out for this one, still haven't been able to track down a tire. If i happen to come across one late ill head out, but it doesn't look good
Dag Dude! What about Foster? You ride Shotgun?
Someone hook up my friend with a 35x12.5r15 MTR tire! :thumbup:

Letterman said:
Dag Dude! What about Foster? You ride Shotgun?
Someone hook up my friend with a 35x12.5r15 MTR tire! :thumbup:

I've got a couple of 35" MT/R's laying around........but not up there.

Ben, Daniel will be trailering. Can you leave a tow rig in that spot with all the trail open/closed signs? Or, is there a good enough spot at the bottom of Rock Creek Road to leave it?

Jes, I was thinking I'd just park the truck at the parking area by the bridge, but then I remembered I'm in the buggy with only a green sticker. I guess I better park over by our normal camping spot so I don't have to drive on the road that close to the ranger station. Jack and I should be getting there around 5:00 to 5:30. When do you and Dave expect to get there?

Richard, either of those spots are good to park at. Please give Daniel some good directions to get up to Rock Creek Rd.

Which way are you guys driving in?

Hey guys - need your help with something. I am posting here becasue it effects the trip this weekend. My bud Aaron traded my 5 jacked up 33" MT/R's for his 5 almost new 35" BFG Muds. The issue is the spare has a side wall puncture (slow leak) that cannot be repaired. I am just not that confortable running around without a spare.
I was wondering if I could borrow a 35" form someone (if needed)? I just don't have $275 for a new one right now.

Thanks,
Mark

Goatman said:
Jes, I was thinking I'd just park the truck at the parking area by the bridge, but then I remembered I'm in the buggy with only a green sticker. I guess I better park over by our normal camping spot so I don't have to drive on the road that close to the ranger station. Jack and I should be getting there around 5:00 to 5:30. When do you and Dave expect to get there?

So, do you run the yellow cheromanche anymore? Sounds like you'll be running the buggy on this camping run as well as the more technical runs. Jeff

Goatman said:
Jack and I should be getting there around 5:00 to 5:30. When do you and Dave expect to get there?

I am looking to leave by 12 noon, but I always get hung up with some last minute thing. Even if it takes me one hour more I am still looking at 183.99 miles Time: 3 hrs 22 mins, so I should be up there before you and Jack, worst case is right around 5pm. I hope to hook up with Jes somewhere on the way, he said he is not working and was wanting to leave at noon. He drives his trailer slower then I drive my junk, I should be able to catch up with him.

Today is going SO slow . . .

Didn't the Fresno club install a john at Grouse Lake? Wondering if I need to bring the PETT.

Jeff, I ran out of time to get the XJ going....needs a battery and to smog and register it.

Ben, Daniel is looking for a trailer and a buddy has one, slight possibility he won't make it, you guys should probably hook up by phone to cover any contingencies.

Dave, I'm off around 1:00, and can leave before 2:00, so we'll shoot for 5:00 arrival.

Back