• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Storms

Talked to Spawn in Kentucky and they have trees down and some flooded roads. Family is okay.

If anyone needs help...post up. Glad everyone is ok so far.

My wife and kids are in Pigeon Forge right now in my Commander.

I'm in Pigeon Forge right now too. Last night was rough. The night before, at home in Nashville we lost all or parts of 8 trees.

We had one pull up by the rootball....about a 35-45 foot tree...that was hovering over the house. I got the XJ out, put a tree rope around it about 2 stories high, tied it off to the Jeep, had my wife pop it into 4wd and pull the tree away from the house and keep tension on it so I could cut it off and drop it safely.

I was out with the chainsaw in the rain for about 3 hours yesterday morning...then drove to Pigeon Forge for work! Got in just before the bad stuff Doug was in hit Knoxville. I actually decided to skip Knoxville and head south though Maryville to avoid the inevitable. I didn't need to head to the basement the way trailriders wife and kids did though.

Last edited:
A lot of folks around here without power and last I heard it may be 2-3 days before everyone is put back online. We lost power for about 10 hours last night and my neighbor's house has a good size tree laying across it but everyone I know is unhurt. I have a daughter that lives in Madison, AL that I picked up today because they were without power there as well and have no idea when it will be restored.

Last edited:
Got real dark and stormy this am. Had the WS kicking off al morning. Beautiful afternoon though.

A guy that I met a couple months ago at a friends wedding was killed in Alabama. I just met him that once but he seemed like a great guy. His wife and step daughter (which I never met) were also killed. RIP

Shrek checked in and all is well.

A guy that I met a couple months ago at a friends wedding was killed in Alabama. I just met him that once but he seemed like a great guy. His wife and step daughter (which I never met) were also killed. RIP

Sorry to hear about the loss of life.

Had a 23 mile damage path thru the county,heavily wooded and lightly populated area near the WVa. line. Only 2 injury,s reported. We were lucky..

Were still barelly holding it together here..... Its real bad. All I can ask for is prayers.

Right now the biggest problem is power. The nuclear power plant got hit and lost 4 of the 5 feed lines. So there telling us 5 to 7 days without power. Right now our only comunication to the outside world is cell phone and there telling us that the cell towers are fixing to let go from loss of power. You have a 1 in 6 chance of getting a call out.

Right now I am in memphis getting generaters and gas. Headed back to huntsville in the am.

Only able to post stuff with my blackberry. Ill try to post some pics. The devistation is unreal.

The closest gas station is 150 miles away but we should be good with what I'm bringing back.

They have estimated 193 tornados yesterday. Deathtoll has passed 300 and there are over a million peaple without power. You don't realize how much you rely on power till you don't have it.y

Just keep us in our prayers!

Were pullin for ya! I wish there was something I could do. If I could take time off work and kload up the chainsaw and the jeep with supplies id be on the way in a heartbeat. I hope people that have the ability to do so are helping... good luck!

Kapow.

202164_10150232656006140_71845006139_9105623_2986808_o.jpg

Glad everyone is ok. If anyone needs help post up. I know Im more than happy to help as are some others Im sure.

MELKORsXJ and LiL Timmy down in Chattanooga are okay.

Were still barelly holding it together here..... Its real bad. All I can ask for is prayers.

Right now the biggest problem is power. The nuclear power plant got hit and lost 4 of the 5 feed lines. So there telling us 5 to 7 days without power. Right now our only comunication to the outside world is cell phone and there telling us that the cell towers are fixing to let go from loss of power. You have a 1 in 6 chance of getting a call out.

Right now I am in memphis getting generaters and gas. Headed back to huntsville in the am.

Only able to post stuff with my blackberry. Ill try to post some pics. The devistation is unreal.

The closest gas station is 150 miles away but we should be good with what I'm bringing back.

They have estimated 193 tornados yesterday. Deathtoll has passed 300 and there are over a million peaple without power. You don't realize how much you rely on power till you don't have it.y

Just keep us in our prayers!

I can't read this without getting upset. We are praying for you.

I sent you a PM and hopefully you get it before you leave Memphis.

Let us know what you need and what we need to do.

Is Hwy 231 between Huntsville and Fayetteville, TN passable?

I can't read this without getting upset. We are praying for you.

I sent you a PM and hopefully you get it before you leave Memphis.

Let us know what you need and what we need to do.

Is Hwy 231 between Huntsville and Fayetteville, TN passable?
Yes.......Fayetteville was packed yesterday with people coming up from Bama to get gas and necessities.

Yes.......Fayetteville was packed yesterday with people coming up from Bama to get gas and necessities.

So it would be difficult to use this route to bring in supplies?

So it would be difficult to use this route to bring in supplies?

I just talked to my buddy that lives in Fayetteville and he said that traffic was pretty much at a stand still yesterday and cops were directing traffic pretty much everywhere. It probably wouldn't be a fast trip but I'm sure you could get through with no problem.

Maybe we could set up a NAXJA convoy to take in needed supplies.

Back