• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Storms

good here in Birmingham, I spoke with Andy, ChuckstrPT also...he and the family are good as well.

Glad to hear everyone is alright (except the Camry). I have a lot of fam in Huntsville and Birmingham and they all escaped problems.

We just had a "Extreme Weather" emergency meeting at work to discuss what to do and what not... It's coming this way. They say it should hit between 1 and 2. But here I am. In a huge plant with lots of heavy flying shit...

my buddies dad got hit in Ark. driving down the road, long haul trucker, cab was destroyed, his seat belt ripped it was that bad, he was found nconscious 14 some hours after it happen. woke up a few hours ago stable. Wish all affected the best.

It's coming here now. Tornado watches in Sumter south of me.

Raining like crazy now. Big thunder and lightening too. Tornado watches here now too.

My wife and kids had to move to the basement of the condo's they were staying in at Pigeon Forge, she said it was noisy but no damage to were they were staying except the power was out all night. Something happened close because of all of the sirens during the night. She can't wait to get home today!

We were spared here, just some heavy rain, distant rumbles of thunder, nothing more.

This was a history making weather event according to TWC.

Everyone accounted for? The death toll keeps rising...181 the latest. This has been an incredible year. Counting my blessings that we no longer have guys flying aircraft in those parts...

My wife and kids had to move to the basement of the condo's they were staying in at Pigeon Forge, she said it was noisy but no damage to were they were staying except the power was out all night. Something happened close because of all of the sirens during the night. She can't wait to get home today!

We were spared here, just some heavy rain, distant rumbles of thunder, nothing more.

This was a history making weather event according to TWC.

Glad everybody is ok.

We're good over here at the lake on my side of it at least...down the road I don't think was so lucky...radar looked way worse a little south east of me. Definitely a sleepless night. I have never seen storms fire off that strong all night long this early in the spring.

My family in Alabama made it through ok and the worst in SC seems to be north of my family there, so it looks like I don't have any immediate family to worry about.

Glad to hear Tyler's ok. We were glued to the news last night watching the bad cells passing just north of us. It looked like Ringgold got nailed (a motel in the area apparently collapsed with 2 deaths, injuries and 120 people rescued) and we immediately thought about Tyler being right there.

Doug - glad to hear you're ok even if the Camry isn't. I've been stuck in a hailstorm (but pea sized, not what looks like golf balls from your pictures). It was not fun!

I hope the gentlemen thrown from his truck recovers. I can't imagine being stuck on the road in that!

Had a storm roll thru about 2:30 am, Tornado touch down in the SW area of the county(Shenandoah Co,Va,). Damage has been reported to 4 Chicken houses and numerous trees down/power lines and flooding. Only injury was to a state Trooper whose car was hit by a falling tree on the Interstate,

We only got the rain and wind-so my wife says--I slept thru it.....

I don't know you guys, but just wanted to say I'm glad everyone seems safe so far.

We live in socal, but my wife's from Lexington, Kentucky, and we're definitely keeping tabs on her family there, Louisville and Benton.

Sending prayers for personal safety and as little damage to your property as possible!

-Brian

Over 200 dead now. I'd imagine that this will probably go down as one of, if not the worst outbreak on record. Absolutely amazing videos from Alabama.

Thoughts and prayers go out to all who were effected.

My wife is on her way home from east TN and is now stopped on I-81 due to a tornado ripping through Damascus VA and flipping trucks over on the highway. This just happened in front of her! My mother in law is 2 miles ahead of her on the highway and phoned my wife to say that it passed right behind her!

The sky is blue here 2 hours to her east, crazy!

I've got some PM's sent to some guys who haven't checked in yet. I know a lot of them get PM's on their phones so hopefully I can report good news soon.

Anyone need help?

Man I have no idea what world you guys are in, sky is blue, sun is shinning, and its about 90 here, only signs i saw of storm was a lil moisture on my truck when i went to work this morning.

I'm actually not kidding about the weather here.

I hope everyone is doing ok.

Back