• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Storms

bigalpha

Just heard chattanooga probably got hit by a tornado. There has been crappy weather the past few days with a number of reported tornados and casualties in the southeast.

Hope everyone is safe.

we got hit here pretty hard.

just talked to dan and he said hes all good a work (minus a bmw that got taken out by a tree).

mostly just straight line winds and lots of trees down.

we just got hit with more tornado's and straight line winds as well as power outages.... sending this from my blackberry.

Damn what this do for the race this weekend? Hope all is well with everyone. I guess I'll see it in a day or two. :gee:

Damn what this do for the race this weekend? Hope all is well with everyone. I guess I'll see it in a day or two. :gee:

auburn is about 3 hrs south of us.

it will prob be very muddy down there

All that mess is headed our way for...overnight.

Is it just me or has this been an unusually bad spring storm season? And it's not even into the main part of spring yet...

Is it just me or has this been an unusually bad spring storm season? And it's not even into the main part of spring yet...

yeah your not kidding.... its crazy. although it has kept the pollen down alot. which my allergies are thanking the storms for.

Pouring rain here right now.

My wife and kids are in Pigeon Forge right now in my Commander. I tried to talk her into running home tonight but she is going to ride it out. Its rough here as well, bad storms all day. A tornado touched down a few miles south of us last night.

The chainsaws are sharp and full, ready for whatever.

We just got flooded here in Roanoke a week ago Saturday by a 2 day rain followed by 4" of rain from a cloudburst. Its been crazy this year.

Tuscaloosa was hit by a one mile wide monster tornado and its heading towards B-ham right now, freaking increadable to watch on tv and radar.

Really? They managed to squeeze in 30 second ad's to a live feed video?

Back to the topic, HOLY CRAP!

survived a near miss with a tornado on the parkway... wind and hail totaled my camry but im happy to be home and breathing

We've been lucky, apparently. My phone has been blowing up all week with the weatherbug alerts. Got one a few minutes ago about a tornado watch... I've still yet to see one drop of rain or wind of any kind.

Remember this happened while sitting still on the highway..... I'm thankful to home sqfe and alive today
IMAG0141.jpg

Good lord! Glad you made it home safe!

Only a matter of time before the watch comes out for us.

Yikes doug! Glad you are ok.

We are just recovering from the storm last week here. Hit within 10 miles of home/ work. Insulation, shingles and drywall fell out of the sky. My buddy/manager's grandmother's house in Sanford was leveled.

Really hope we don't get hit again.

Were safe here. The powerplant got hit so were still out of power. They say about 300k out. Trees down everywhere. Never seen anything like this.

Kinda weird to drive down the road and not see lights on or anything.

Damn Doug! We got some headed our way too! Gah, I hope we don't get flooding like in 08! :eek:

Back