• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Steering damper recommendation for OTK

HouseVVares

NAXJA Forum User
I'm planning on using a JCR OTK 1 ton steering kit. From looking at the install instructions and pictures, I don't see a steering damper. From reading around it sounds like adding one would be a good idea for my DD XJ?

So, does anyone have a recommendation on a good setup that would work well with this OTK kit? Fabbing up / welding something in is not a problem. I'm just looking to get a head start on the R&D side of things.

Some other info that might be revelant?
- JCR OTK 1 ton kit
- 4.5" short arm lift
- Solid diff cover

Here's how we did mine. Used modified Zone shock mount and studs
IMAG0593_zpsd266152a.jpg

I had seen that style for grabbing on to the drag link. I was curious if that style would stand up to off road use or if it might be prone to slip. I guess in anycase, the mount on the drag link side could be welded on as well right?

I'm guessing as far as mounting the shock, just try to keep it as parallel to the drag link as possible?

Maybe I am overthinking it... I could bring up a single shear mounting tab pretty much anywhere on the axle tube right?

Back