• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

some pics/videos of last weekend at hawkpride

256offroad

NAXJA Forum User
Hawk Pride OHV has got to be the best park within 3 hours of me (2hours total from huntsville). its around 1300 acres. with TONS of rocks and miles of trails for any jeep with 33s or bigger, with at least one locker and some minimal armor. the park has PLENTY of spots for campers, tents and what not. they are in the process of building bath houses.

heres a link to there site http://www.hawkpridemountainoffroad.com/

i recomend if you live in alabama or middle tenn check this place out!

tnorvforum.com hosted a ride there last week. i rode all weekend and camped out with quite a few rigs.

on Saturday there was easily 100+ buggys etc there with the awesome weather we had. most of the day for me was spent driving around just trying to find good trails and watch a few guys.

sunday was spent wheeling. we rode one trail that was about half a mile long full of rocks, trees, and awesome scenery.

here are some pics.... not alot of me as i was mostly wheeling. but theres alot of the trails and scenery

the line saturday morning!
14120_1397707582385_1223111494_1155.jpg

14120_1397707542384_1223111494_1155.jpg

the latest coleworx buggy
14120_1397708102398_1223111494_1155.jpg

and now onto the random pics in no order
14120_1397707422381_1223111494_1155.jpg

14120_1397707462382_1223111494_1155.jpg

14120_1397708022396_1223111494_1155.jpg

14120_1397708222401_1223111494_1155.jpg

HAWKPRIDEMARCH10007.jpg

HAWKPRIDEMARCH10020.jpg

HAWKPRIDEMARCH10085.jpg

HAWKPRIDEMARCH10106.jpg

HAWKPRIDEMARCH10111.jpg

HAWKPRIDEMARCH10122.jpg

letting my buddy drive.
HAWKPRIDEMARCH10129.jpg

That place looks awsome. I wouldn't mind trying it out sometime.

is it me.. watching buggies attempting stuff.. is no longer fun to watch.. its all about hp and big tires..no more skill involved.. its all tubed up.. its all locked. its bump it hard and no holding back.

Just like at Mountainside offroad park

is it me.. watching buggies attempting stuff.. is no longer fun to watch.. its all about hp and big tires..no more skill involved.. its all tubed up.. its all locked. its bump it hard and no holding back.

Nope, it's just not you.

I need to look this park up and see how far of a drive it would be. It looks like a fun place to go.

Just like at Mountainside offroad park

Yea the buggies are kinda over done now days. :wave:

Yea the buggies are kinda over done now days. :wave:
yeah.... we watched them for two trails then went on and explored.

theres really no way you can crawl some of those obstacles. they re stacked the pile and now its more doable.

i just like seeing the craftsmanship and the motor.

this place is VERY xj friendly.

like i said. front locker. 33s or bigger and some sliders and you would have a blast for a weekend.

yeah.... we watched them for two trails then went on and explored.

theres really no way you can crawl some of those obstacles. they re stacked the pile and now its more doable.

i just like seeing the craftsmanship and the motor.

this place is VERY xj friendly.

like i said. front locker. 33s or bigger and some sliders and you would have a blast for a weekend.

Where is in relation to Huntsville? East or West?

wheres the video of you crawling up some rocks? Thats what i wanna see!

mark

Where is in relation to Huntsville? East or West?
from the dead center of huntsville its about an hour and 45 min drive west.

and i have no videos of me, someone has to drive the jeep... haha... i was riding all alone so didnt have a way to video.

ever watch survivor man? he manages to do it... lol

mark

from the dead center of huntsville its about an hour and 45 min drive west.

and i have no videos of me, someone has to drive the jeep... haha... i was riding all alone so didnt have a way to video.

How far from Florence is that??? Schedule it way out there...so we can get a good turn out.....if the weekend is open, and the jeep is running, I'm in!:wstupid:

How far from Florence is that??? Schedule it way out there...so we can get a good turn out.....if the weekend is open, and the jeep is running, I'm in!:wstupid:

its acually like 5 min west from muscle shoals.

What about a rear locker?
yeah..... its got alot of trials alot like what witc has. but TONS more

the soil there is a sandy/dirt mix so your tires dig.

if its at all rained the previous days of going. i wouldnt even take my jeep.

rumor has it that the land owner sprayed the trees to rid them to plant pines so he could log it. but someone came in and said that the soil isnt good for logging. so he leased it out to a guy that runs the offroad park.

from what i hear. its pretty hot there in the summer. i.e. lack of shade.

from what i hear. its pretty hot there in the summer. i.e. lack of shade.
WHERE in Alabama is it NOT HOT during July and August??? In 11 years, I ain't found that spot, except my living room...A/C is GREAT!:D

WHERE in Alabama is it NOT HOT during July and August??? In 11 years, I ain't found that spot, except my living room...A/C is GREAT!:D

You cannot argue with that logic. :roflmao:

true... but its alot better with shade... haha

Back