• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SoCalXJ Jambo

looks like everyone had a great time. had i known this event was stocker friendly, i might have tried to come out for the day. glad it went well. next time for sure.

looks like everyone had a great time. had i known this event was stocker friendly, i might have tried to come out for the day. glad it went well. next time for sure.

it was announced that it was stocker friendly so that's a poor excuse :D
:

Just a quick note on the Jamboree. Everyone is welcome. If you haven't been to Truckhaven, it's dry camping, no hook-ups. There are no fees for the event or to stay. Come one, come all. Stock to heavily modified. Proper tow/recovery points required for runs...http://www.socalxj.com/article14.html

Hope to see you at SoCalFest (which WILL be stocker friendly)

Jim, does this have anything to do with the mounts? If they aren't fitting well I will make you new mounts or whatever is needed to make them fit better, just let me know.
I was gonna contact you back channel, but yea the mounts are too narrow. Not sure if they varied from year to year or not. I'm SUPER grateful you were out there, they still worked bitchin to get me home! I'll hit you up and send some pictures off your way. And eventually get it down to your pad so you can get some measurements.

Haha yea, side x side @ 65 sliding through a berm felt all initial D style.
Motor mounts turned out ok, we couldn't get rid of the gap, so the engine can slide up to 3/8" forward... it hasn't yet. However I'm leaking gear oil like a SIB out of my tailcone. Not sure if it's because of the broken motor mounts or because the engine/trans is too far back now (it shouldn't be this) but I get to take my tailcone off, AGAIN and most likely replace seals. Such is life I suppose...

Uh oh, did the leak start after the mount change? Did you deform the oil pan jacking it up? I did that once, it likes to leak right near the rear main area. or is this unrelated?

KH

Not a ton of great pictures but here's the ones Holly took:

http://www.kordatron.com/gallery/socalxj_jamboree

IMGP7009.jpg

IMGP7015.jpg

IMGP7033.jpg

Haha yea, side x side @ 65 sliding through a berm felt all initial D style.
Motor mounts turned out ok, we couldn't get rid of the gap, so the engine can slide up to 3/8" forward... it hasn't yet. However I'm leaking gear oil like a SIB out of my tailcone. Not sure if it's because of the broken motor mounts or because the engine/trans is too far back now (it shouldn't be this) but I get to take my tailcone off, AGAIN and most likely replace seals. Such is life I suppose...

Uh oh, did the leak start after the mount change? Did you deform the oil pan jacking it up? I did that once, it likes to leak right near the rear main area. or is this unrelated?

KH
I don't think it was from the jack. It's definitely gear oil from the rear tailcone section of the trans. I'm not sure if my yoke pushed too far forward and damaged a seal or what. I gotta get the tailcone off and check out the seals.

I don't think it was from the jack. It's definitely gear oil from the rear tailcone section of the trans. I'm not sure if my yoke pushed too far forward and damaged a seal or what. I gotta get the tailcone off and check out the seals.

It was from the motor mounts. Whenever you allow the engine to move forward and back like that, its bound to start leaking...

:D

http://tinyurl.com/SCXJ2010Jambo

I am really glad a lot of you made it out there. It was a great weekend, and I think Kevin or Josh counted 36 rigs at one point. Kids, dogs, and (sort of) adults all playing together, and having a great time.

Eddie was laying around camp Sunday (in between us doing mini runs), with the nod nodd noddd zzzz thing going on. Cracks me up to watch a dog nod off while trying to keep his head up & pretend to be awake.

Nice pix, Parker! Glad you guys made it out!

Yes, we most definitely did. Sorry you missed it!

Thanks Cal. Guess my dads talent rubbed off on me ( like he wanted). NASA photographer for 15 years. (Mercury, Apollo, Gemini, and some Saturn). He was good friends with those 7 ... guys...

I was the one talking with you about the Barnett Track bar bolt being vertical Vs. horizontal on my heep limiting flex.

Back