• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

EVENT: 12th Annual SoCalXJ Fiesta Island Picnic – Sat, Aug 23rd, 2014

If anyone is interested in a quick overnight camping trip after Fiesta Island out to Laguna Mountain (free dispersed sites) let me know. I plan to leave the island around 6 and head that way. Camp over night and go poke around the local trails the next morning. Assuming that the mountain isn't full of people by then.

Would like some company. And all Devildog0 events are booze friendly lol.

(All trails I've been on out there have been stocker friendly by the way)

Re: Re: EVENT: 12th Annual SoCalXJ Fiesta Island Picnic – Sat, Aug 23rd, 2014

If anyone is interested in a quick overnight camping trip after Fiesta Island out to Laguna Mountain (free dispersed sites) let me know. I plan to leave the island around 6 and head that way. Camp over night and go poke around the local trails the next morning. Assuming that the mountain isn't full of people by then.

Would like some company. And all Devildog0 events are booze friendly lol.

(All trails I've been on out there have been stocker friendly by the way)
Ooh, I wish I could join you, I'd love to learn about dispersed camping in that area. Hmm, please come find me (in the pop top Astro), I'd love to pick your brain!

Come one, come all. It's time for the SoCalXJ Fiesta Island BBQ Picnic Potluck Swapmeet Show'n'shine Hootenanny Cavalcade!

I wasn't joking about the swap meet and show'n'shine. There may even be prizes for the latter!!! Categories include: most improved, cleanest, and most thrashed. Let me know if you want to be a judge or have something to donate for prizes. I just bought some chrome polish so I'm gunning for "most improved!"

Also, it's a good time for parts trains/rail road, and bring parts to sell if you have them. I have a brand new dual post AGM die hard platty dated 05-2014:

Pics of actual unit below …

DieHard Platinum by mikedashg, on Flickr

DieHard Platinum by mikedashg, on Flickr

If anyone needs a parts train (smallish parts; nothing greasy), on Sunday, I will be going up I-15 through Temecula, up Cajon Pass to Victorville, then 395 to Ridgecrest, and on to Death Valley. On the 29th, I will be coming back to La Mirada / Lawndale.

David Bricker / SYR

I haven't seen an actual potluck sheet, but look for the Pop-Top Astro for Carne Asada and fixings. Lunchtime-ish, while supplies last.

(And to reiterate, LOTS of camping gear for Swap/Sale as well)

UDDEKD5l.jpg

As of 10:00am this morning, the Spiedies are marinating!

Looking at the amount of meat I have (17 pounds), I could sure use some extra grill space. Otherwise, we'll be eating in shifts, and I'll be cooking all day long.

David Bricker / SYR - SAN

David, I can bring a small weber, if that helps

Thanks, Sean. I just got word of someone bringing a good sized grill, so I think I'll be OK.

I'll have my Coleman Dual Fuel dual burner stove with me since I'll be camping afterwards so anyone who needs to use it is welcome to.

As of 10:00am this morning, the Spiedies are marinating!

Looking at the amount of meat I have (17 pounds), I could sure use some extra grill space. Otherwise, we'll be eating in shifts, and I'll be cooking all day long.

Good thinking on getting a bigger grill. It would take a while to cook them on the infrared.

What time are you headed down tomorrow?

Good thinking on getting a bigger grill. It would take a while to cook them on the infrared.

What time are you headed down tomorrow?

Probably around 9-10-ish.

Im a strong "likely". If anyone wants to carpool down from OC, I'm in Mission Viejo and will likely leave by 10AM if my kids cooperate. My cell is 773 three 5 fore(skin)-six 7 uno five

What time would you like me to bring the grill?

I'm going to try and be there by 10:00am. But, I'm not sure I necessarily need to cook anything right at ten, but probably by 11.

Could someone bring a pair of tin snips, please? Ben gave me some expanded metal for a grill topper, but I'll need to cut it to size.

Back