• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

13th Annual SoCalXJ Picnic is Sunday Aug 23, 2015!

11198-1263950539-69873955db6d4717415ce667f3b0d2b8.gif

Hey Devildog, just noticed the Vstrom in your signature. Did you lead a big bike ride with San Diego Adventure Riders a few weeks back up to Anza that I was in? If not, you have a twin in SDAR (Vstrom rider, into Ham radio, military guy at MCAS miramar).

Will have to make a grocery run today. It'll be the baby's first Jeep ride/trip anywhere haha. There was some discussion on the e-mail group about HAM radio and picking a frequency to use.

There's a repeater in Mission Hills (WD6APP) that covers most of the West part of the county. Should be easy to use. I can hit it from Lakeside from the Jeep. I'll be monitoring it on the way there tomorrow.

145.320 -0.6 PL 107.2

Figured Simplex would be easy and just use

If we got enough ham folks maybe we should just pick a "NAXJA FREQ" for the SOCAL chapter.

Ha, busted! I was on the F800GS. Hope to see you on the trail again, on either two or four wheels :)

Ha, busted! I was on the F800GS. Hope to see you on the trail again, on either two or four wheels :)

For sure :) Let me know. I check SDAR every few days but my Jeep wheeling tends to be sporadic and random.

Back