• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

so cal karma thread 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
GrimmJeeper said:
if a parts train can get that 225 intake and carb to me i'll take it, im helping a buddy fix up a 66 valiant and the carb and intake are missing :D
Note that you'll still need an air cleaner housing, and if it's an automatic you'll need the kickdown linkages. This isn't a stock setup, a stock Slant6 has a one barrel Carter or Holley carb. This is off a late '70s car and is referred to as a "Super Six" setup, it's a small bore Carter BBD. Adds a lot of HP to the Slant 6 and better mileage to boot. The vacuum tree is smashed and the carb needs rebuilt. Just fair warning.

Daedalus454 said:
Note that you'll still need an air cleaner housing, and if it's an automatic you'll need the kickdown linkages. This isn't a stock setup, a stock Slant6 has a one barrel Carter or Holley carb. This is off a late '70s car and is referred to as a "Super Six" setup, it's a small bore Carter BBD. Adds a lot of HP to the Slant 6 and better mileage to boot. The vacuum tree is smashed and the carb needs rebuilt. Just fair warning.
its better than nothing :D hea says he "took the carb off to rebuild it" ten years ago, then forgot what he did with it... lol. the kickdown linkage is still there, and ive rebuilt a few carbs, so thats no biggie. as long as we can bolt it on we can make it work! thanks.

As an aside in regards to the 225 Super Six setup, grimm the kickdown linkage that came on that Valiant won't work "as is"... you might be able to fudge it to work, but the kickdown linkage was different for the Super Six.

Check out slantsix.org for more info

Kejtar said:
if the part can make it to Canoga Park I can take it further south

i should be able to facilitate that.

cyberbackpacker said:
As an aside in regards to the 225 Super Six setup, grimm the kickdown linkage that came on that Valiant won't work "as is"... you might be able to fudge it to work, but the kickdown linkage was different for the Super Six.

Check out slantsix.org for more info
hey thanks for the link! man that should help us out alot :D im used to wrenching on SBCs so i dunno much about the old mopars.. my buddy is pretty good with em tho he had a 72 duster with a slant 6 in it that would smoke tire all the way down the street :D

IslanderOffRoad said:
i should be able to facilitate that.
Wow, that's great! I will dig the intake and carb out of the garage tomorrow and see about getting them to you.

Daedalus454 said:
Wow, that's great! I will dig the intake and carb out of the garage tomorrow and see about getting them to you.

where in simi are you?

South end of town, near Erringer and Fitzgerald.

I also have a bunch of gear oil I need to get rid of, I have ~1 qt each of various weights of Royal Purple, Castrol Hypoil C, Rotella, and maybe something else. Mostly 90w140 left over from my '74 Dodge, but some of it might be 75W90 too. I've started using Mobil 1 75W90 in my Jeep so I need to get rid of all this oil. Come by and take all of it!

come and get it, tons of old parts need to go away, partial list
factory AC compressors, one from a 91 4.0L and the other from a 85 2.5L

parts from a 2.5L include a cylinder head with intake, carb, exhaust mani, air cleaner housing, bell housing and flywheel from the manual tranny, gear box with a few chipped gears from same tranny, may have the complete wiring harness also.

Random parts:
3 or 4 four stock coil springs, assorted stock control arms, a stock trackbar/bracket, front and rear sway bars, assorted stock shocks, and a few assorted stovck wheels/tires that hold air. A hatch from a 85.... Tons more stuff so come and get it all if you want it, trying to make room for more junk. pic of some of the stuff
Picture006.jpg

Chris

Last edited:
My buddy needs a working ignition switch (his turn signals, heater blower, etc. no longer work although it runs and drives fine) for his '89 XJ. Anyone have a extra?

Any A/C Clutches?

Skullvarian said:
come and get it, tons of old parts need to go away, partial list
factory AC compressors, one from a 91 4.0L and the other from a 85 2.5L

parts from a 2.5L include a cylinder head with intake, carb, exhaust mani, air cleaner housing, bell housing and flywheel from the manual tranny, gear box with a few chipped gears from same tranny, may have the complete wiring harness also.

Random parts:
3 or 4 four stock coil springs, assorted stock control arms, a stock trackbar/bracket, front and rear sway bars, assorted stock shocks, and a few assorted stovck wheels/tires that hold air. A hatch from a 85.... Tons more stuff so come and get it all if you want it, trying to make room for more junk. pic of some of the stuff
Chris
I'll take some lower control arms to cut up for parts and some uppers to reinforce and make bulletproof.

Hey Chris I'm intersted in that compressor for the 91 4.0, assuming it worked when pulled.

How far is Ventura from Palm Springs area? I need a new A/C compressor for my 96 4.0, and stock control arms may be handy as mine have been somewhat abused...

stock flares of a 90 XJ, blueish, weathered, but intact and paintable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back